Washington-Seattle
Options

Ring sizing

So we have agreed on the rings (yea!) but now I wondered about getting them sooner or later.  I still hope to drop a dress size (hopefully more, and yes, safely) but the rings are specially made so the resizing isn't possible (pattern is all the way around) but it can be slightly enlarged.  And I know my fingers will shrink along with the rest of me.

Do I get it to fit now, order a half or whole  size smaller and hope?

Re: Ring sizing

• Options
    dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When is your wedding?

This is why we opted for plain rings, even though I wanted a scrollwork patterned one. My finger size fluctuates too much. Also, I don't know about you, but my fingers tend to be a lot skinnier in the winter than in the summer cause of heat, bloating and all that, so maybe something to keep in mind if you get a ring now.
    imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would wait to get order your ring.  Are you going to order yours online?  Most online stores have rush-orders, so you ought to be able to order a month or two before the wedding just fine (maybe even a week or two, depending on production time for the rings).

FI hasn't ordered his ring yet, he was looking for hammered titanium rings.  We have the selection narrowed down to a few, and should be ordering very soon.  And we're 59 days away from our day Smile
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would wait. My ring size has changed A LOT as I have lost weight. If re-sizing isn't really an option, then I say definitely wait!!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks ladies!  The wedding is still 143 days away (July 30th) so we have time and the company we're ordering from online can get it to us in 2 weeks.  I'll probably give it 6 weeks to be safe (same with the final fitting of my dress).

• Options
    Frogger5Frogger5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Remember you want to be able to wear the ring forever, though - so maybe it's a good thing if it's a little on the larger size. While you can melt away the pounds and make yourself look fabulous in your dress on the big day (like I plan to), you won't be wearing the dress every day from now on. Sorry to sound like my mom!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards