Oklahoma
Options

Outdoor garden for wedding

Hi, I am looking for an outdoor garden wedding location around Edmond, OKC, Guthrie, or Stillwater.  I LOVE Meditations Catering in Stillwater, but they are already booked for the day I want.  I need something for $5000 or less.  Any one know of anything?  Thank you!

Re: Outdoor garden for wedding

• Options
    TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For how many people?

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And what day are you looking for? The gardens downtown are almost finished and they look great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Have you checked out Will Rogers Park?  I've had a few friends get married there, I'm pretty sure it's not expensive.

Photobucket
    December PS Sig Challenge - RINGS! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_outdoor-garden-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:127Discussion:98ddb592-e0ef-4c7e-ad91-9a0a71b1c598Post:25192caa-d09b-4173-9428-1fd8d8e9cfa6">Re: Outdoor garden for wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you checked out Will Rogers Park?  I've had a few friends get married there, I'm pretty sure it's not expensive.
    Posted by brandif1026[/QUOTE]
    This! It's beautiful!
    Anniversary
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Cocktail:White Russian
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_outdoor-garden-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:127Discussion:98ddb592-e0ef-4c7e-ad91-9a0a71b1c598Post:cb7cf692-14fc-443d-a60b-d1663075c331">Re: Outdoor garden for wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]And what day are you looking for? The gardens downtown are almost finished and they look great.
    Posted by okiediva[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Their grand re-opening is  October 15th!  We were just there on a field trip.  </div>
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_outdoor-garden-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:127Discussion:98ddb592-e0ef-4c7e-ad91-9a0a71b1c598Post:a8b516fa-3812-46a9-8a09-4b7afbc32d1c">Re: Outdoor garden for wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Outdoor garden for wedding : Their grand re-opening is  October 15th!  We were just there on a field trip.  
    Posted by kerrib11[/QUOTE]

We saw them during the Arts Festival. Looked Great!! I'm excited to see it all finished!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thank you!  I looking at Will Rogers Park (the rose gardens!) but they aren't open until May and we are getting married in April.  We are expecting no more than 200 people.  Right now the guest list is 160 but I'm sure it will fluctuate.
    I was wondering if the Myriad Gardens would be done by then!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Kerrib11 said Oct 15 so that would be great for your wedding next april. I have tried to call them but they don't have rental info out yet so not sure what areas will be used and pricing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want to get married in Stillwater look at having it on library lawn. It is not as expensive as everyone thinks, but the only thing you would have to worry about is the construction on the Union, or you can look at White Barn in Stillwater. We looked at both places but decided we wanted to have the wedding closer to home. Also I have a co-worker who's daughter got married at a winery in Stillwater and had the reception at the Wes Watkins Center.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Some of my favorite quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because your reality is finally better than your dreams" -Dr. Seuss
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..." - Dr. Suess
  • Options
    HollieLynHollieLyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The winery on Jardot in Stillwater is really pretty and the lady who runs it is super sweet! White Barn would be a good choice or Library Lawn
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked Meditations Catering!  We changed the date and it ended up working out great.  They have a lovely garden courtyard and the reception can be indoors.  Website is meditationscatering.com  It s only $800.
    They have a trellis/pergola with wisteria growing over it!!
    We may look into the Myriad Gardens or Will Rogers park for ou engagement pictures, which we want to get taken in the fall.
    Thanks so muchfor all the suggestions!
    My second choice was going to be the vineyards.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards