Oregon
Options

Plus-Size Bridal Gowns

Hello!

Is there anyone that can tell me if they have had any good experiences with bridal shops for plus-size brides? I am recently engaged, and am honestly terrified to start the shopping. I want to be sure and have positive experiences with my shopping, so I am looking for any suggestions. 

Help?!

Thanks!!

Re: Plus-Size Bridal Gowns

• Options
    KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_plus-size-bridal-gowns?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:b1efb339-2296-4d3a-ac32-c50dcaead630Post:17355cef-a44c-4a91-a58d-86c16b833317">Plus-Size Bridal Gowns</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! Is there anyone that can tell me if they have had any good experiences with bridal shops for plus-size brides? I am recently engaged, and am honestly terrified to start the shopping. I want to be sure and have positive experiences with my shopping, so I am looking for any suggestions.  Help?! Thanks!!
    Posted by aarikaelwer[/QUOTE]
    I'm not plus size but there is a store in woodburn that the people are amazing. I went in there with a friend who is plus size and they are super helpful
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Im a plus size bride too and was freaked out just like you! I actually ended up at Davids Bridal and had a great experience! At first it I felt a bit awkward because my consultant was like a size 0 but she made me feel comfortable and most importantly new the shapes that fit my body well! I found and bought my dress that day! If your first trip is not so great...dont get to let down....keep trying and embrace who you are! Good luck and congrats!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll second the David's Bridal recommendation. I got my dress (size 22) there when I got married, and felt like they had a good variety to try on. I was overwhelmed with gown shopping at first, but went in on a weeknight the first time, when it was slow and quiet, and that helped a lot.

I'll also say that I tried Charlotte's Bridal, and had a really bad experience. I had called them to ask what type of selection of plus sized gowns to try on, and they told me they had a bunch. When I went, they didn't have anything over an 18 though, and the samples they did have around that size were in really bad shape (like where one of the corset strings broke while she was pulling it to lace me up some). I was really embarassed, and we left pretty quickly after that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have had a good experience at Bridal Exclusives when going this past spring to look. I have an appointment for next week to revisit my #1 pick and try on some others. BE had the best variety in their selection.

Kendall is talking about Special Occasions in Woodburn. I went there as well and it was interesting. They had a good amount of plus sized dresses but they could definitely sink some money into that place to make it better. Like, I dunno, patch the ceiling in multiple spots so you don't need to have buckets to catch the leaking water around their huge $$$ investment in dresses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies! I am definitely a little scared about trying on dresses, so I want to be sure to go to places where I feel comfortable. All of the recommendations will be a great start!
  • Options
    eospassioneospassion member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have had good experiences at both davidls bridal and charlottels. i did end up choosing my gown atbridal exclusives in tanasbourne because they had a better selection and a better price on my perfect gown. i am a 22. best of luckm and find the one dress that makes you feel as beautiful as your future spouse does. never settle
    ~All the love you put out will return to you~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards