Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Most Popular songs at your wedding

What song played at your wedding do you remember there being the most people dancing on the dance floor?

Re: Most Popular songs at your wedding

• Options
    The twist
    The tarantella
    Shout
    I got a feeling...black eyed peas

My wedding was three weeks ago and I remember everyone being on the dancing floor, but i don't even remember most of the songs...!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Which KC and the sunshine band song did you play?  Also that game sounds great...don't know if the males in my bridal party would be up for it.  Maybe just the girls and my brother. Haha we have 6 bmaid and gmen.  There are alot of non-dancers on my finaces side (including him) but I LOVE to dance.  I;m just worried no one will be dancing...but whatever I'll have fun regardless.
  • Options
    We played our favorite songs, and nobody was getting up....and then Michael's stepdad requested Garth Brooks 'Friends in Low Places' (we really aren't into country music at ALL) and everyone jumped up.  So it really stank....it was our wedding, but in order to get people up we had to scramble for country music.  DJ put on Brooks & Dunn 'boot scoot boogie' and a slew of other country songs, and they ate it up.  I guess we just have different tastes...but it was weird having to dance to a whole bunch of music we not only don't like but strongly dislike.  Yell
  • Options
    Fystybride-we are the same way!  I plan on playing that Kid Rock "All summer Long/Sweet Home Alabama" Song just to please my guests...truly I don't even know how to dance to county.  My body just doesn't want to move to it!  But alot of people LOVEEEE it...so I guess its worth it to please the country crowd if its the sacrifice i have to make to get people on the dance floor!
  • Options
    Surprisingly the twist.  Haha
  • Options
    Well it sounds like we were a more non-traditional route but  Flo Rida "Low", the "Cupid Shuffle" and Doobie Brothers "Chine Grove" were all big hits at our wedding last week. We had a 70% younger crowd and no grandparents though. I think you need to cater to the majority of your wedding guests. All to often we had been to weddings where the Chicken Dance was played along with the YMCA and the tables were full and not the dance floor. I think at least in our case the aunts and uncles got a kick out of watching our cousins and friends dancing and they eventually joined right in. My only advice would be if you go this route to make sure your DJ continues to stress any requests are welcome! And be sure to have a lounge area where people can take a break. Hopefully that gives a little different perspective. Your wedding will be perfect and amazingly you no matter what.
    Live the life you've dreamed... My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards