DC

Affordable (winter) ceremony sites near Leesburg or Frederick

We are planning on having our reception in Frederick MD but did not like the space for the ceremony.  Anyone know of any scenic places to have a ceremony in Frederick, Leesburg (where we live), or anywhere in between?  The ceremony will be in December so a beautiful indoor space is necessary.  I would love a ceremony in front of big, beautiful windows overlooking the mountains.  Am I asking for too much?  "Affordable" = $1000. Thanks!

Re: Affordable (winter) ceremony sites near Leesburg or Frederick

• edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Morningside Inn in Frederick.  They have big floor-to-ceiling windows in the downstairs room of the inn.  It doesn't overlook the mountains, but they have two really nice ponds and a lot of open land out behind the building.  http://www.morningside-inn.com I also have some pictures in my bio that I took at our tasting event last year.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at Whitehall Manor in Bluemont.  I think it would be a nice option for a winter wedding because there are so many different rooms that give it character.  It may be out of your price range, but I would imagine the pricing is much different for a Dec wedding than it was for our July wedding.  Also, I don't think you mentioned day of the week - I know their Friday and Sunday rates are *much* less than their Saturday rates.  Hope this helps.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards