California-Bay Area
Options

Recommended Bridal Gown Shops in SF

Hey ladies - I'll be MOH for my friend's wedding in March and we need to start looking for dresses ASAP.  She'll be in town next week and I want to take her dress shopping in SF.  There are so many places I don't even know where to start.  Can you all please give me some of your favortie places in SF?
Thanks so much!!!

Re: Recommended Bridal Gown Shops in SF

• Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved Priscilla of Boston!  I bought my dress in the SF salon.  Excellent service, and they even gave me a big discount on my dress that was out of my budget.  They are also very generous and on top of problems over there, like helping me get my dress steamed for free after I fly with the dress.

I hated Bridal Galleria in Embarcadero.  I had a snotty French woman who I believe didn't take me seriously.  As soon as I showed interest in prices, she warmed up. She also brought out nothing I remotely liked, and she didn't understand my style or vision at all.  Not a fun experience.

I also really liked David's Bridal in Colma.  I went on a Monday afternoon, so I had great service.  I almost bought my dress there -- really loved an Oleg Cassini -- but Priscilla had the One.

Have fun!  Dress shopping is awesome!
  • Options
    CarlyGalCarlyGal member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks - that's really helpful and gives me a great place to start.  I'm going to make appoinments soon!  My friend has a fairly large budget for a gown so I'm sure there will be a lot of fun in store for us :)  We've also been looking at the Priscilla of Boston webiste and LOVE their Melissa Sweet collection so we're definitely going to stop there!

• Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looooove looooove loooooove the Melissa Sweet dresses, too!  I ended up buying a Melissa Sweet for myself.  Have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My experiences were the exact opposit as GJones's.  While Priscilla of Boston was a beauitful salon my consultant was terrible and I felt all the dresses (in my price range) weren't all that impressive.

However, when I went to Bridal Galleria, it too was a beautiful salon and I found dresses that I liked and one that I LOOOVED!

Good luck with where ever you end up going!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting my dress from The Bridal Image.
    The woman there that found me my dress also got my stepmother hers (when she was marrying my dad) and my sister-in-law.
    They have a pretty large variety of select dresses.

Also, I went to Amy Kuschel and loved the experience.  The price range was too much for me (I was looking at a max of $1500), but if your friend has a bigger budget, they have consultants who were delightful and they custom-make each dress.  It was the first place I went for dresses and it was great for me (and my mom, who got married last weekend).
  • Options
    CarlyGalCarlyGal member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for all your input!  After 3 days of dress shopping, we did not find "the one" but here's what we found.

We started at Forget Me Knots on Union street but quickly learned that if you're bigger than the typical 8/10 sample sizes then wedding dress shopping was not going to be as fun as we had hoped.  After the consultants at Forget Me Knots asked me to try on dresses for the bride (since she coudln't fit them) we were out of there and they suggested we try David's Bridal in Colma.  We were thinking... really?  If you're a bigger girl (it's not like like my friend is huge) then you're only option is David's Bridal?  So we went there anyways and David's actually had a great selection and lots of sizes!

Day 2 we started at Priscilla of Boston and although they didn't have bigger sizes they still had a way for my friend to try on their gowns.  Her budget limit is $2500 so they didn't show us any Melissa Sweet :(  Second we went to Amy Kuschel which we really loved and she found a great dress there but it is way over her budget.

Day 3 we went to Bridal Imagine but we didn't really like any of the dresses there and after going to Amy Kuschel, nothing is going to stand up to that.

So now we are stuck.  Does she buy the $500 dress at David's Bridal which is just okay or beg the fiance to spend more on the gown at Amy Kuschel?  Any help and /or advice welcome - thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards