January 2013 Weddings

found a wedding dress!!

so me and my future sister in law went shoping the other day and ended up stumbling into a bridal salon to look at accesories. After decided everything was outragously priced we browsed the sale dresses for fun. I was making my own dress so i wasnt looking for serious. but then this dress caught my eye and i just had to try it on. It was the One! it was nothing like the design i had made for my self i had wanted sleves and tea length and ended up with strapless and floor length but i love it so much! im cuting it close though it should arive late early november. idk if ill need it altered. how much did everyone's altering cost /how long did it take and if the dress fits pretty well how important do you think it is to get little alerations?

Re: found a wedding dress!!

• here's a picture , i hated the veil they put on me im not having one but love my dress :)

• How exciting! The dress is beautiful! And now that you don't have to make it you'll have time for other things!
  • My alterations took a month, but I told the seamstress I wasn't in a rush, I'm sure they could do it faster but their may be a fee!  The cost for a bustle and sewing cups in was around $100 (but my bustle was a lot of work!)

As for minor alterations I don't think it's a big deal, the seamstress wanted to pinch a little bit off the sides of my dress but I asked her not to because I am going to be selling it after the wedding so I wanted it as un-altered as possible!
  • I can't answer any of your questions because I am still waiting for my dress to come in.  But I wanted to say congratulations on finding an awesome dress!!

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats!!  Very nice!  : )  Exciting times for all of us Jan. Knotties lol...it's coming up!
    God is Faithful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards