November 2013 Weddings

When are you planning to shop for your dress

Just curious, when are you all planning to start shopping for your dress?  Or have you started already?  I'm thinking next year around this time, probably, to give plenty of time to both shop and then for the order to come in.  And to see if my tastes change between now and then.
How about you?

Re: When are you planning to shop for your dress

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_planning-shop-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:36a70e13-763c-41f0-8977-1f70eca2c82bPost:3799e203-19d6-4bbe-8b9f-b42aa1fc2ced">Re: When are you planning to shop for your dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've looked at a couple of dresses online - will more than likely be getting it at David's Bridal. Though, I dread walking in any store because I have a feeling their Plus Size Wedding dresses department is going to make me want to punch someone in the face because either lack of sizes or INVENTORY. Ugh.
    Posted by cindyj23[/QUOTE]

Actually, fwiw, I didn't have that experience at all. They had tons of dresses in plus sizes right there in the store. Have you gone yet? How did you do?

I ended up finding the dress of my dreams... bought it on the spot. There's zero chance of changing my mind. I was a little worried about whether I might gain or lose or who knows by the time the wedding rolls around, but that's what alterations are for anyhow. Besides, while I could have bought the in-stock floor model, I figured, why not just order a new one, and that's going to take six months anyhow.

Good luck! Let us know how you do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

White Knot

• I actually already bought mine. My sister texted me about a sale at The Limited, so my fiance and I picked one out together (I know, I know, for shame.) It's hanging in the closet now, until I can get it altered. It's a little long, but it's pretty fantastic. :)
  • <div>I have printed my top 10 and put them in my (already bursting) binder and also scouted out my salons I want to go to ..i will prob go in feb or march 2013</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_planning-shop-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:36a70e13-763c-41f0-8977-1f70eca2c82bPost:46213e10-2587-4c3f-8349-08c2d6c4ff87">When are you planning to shop for your dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just curious, when are you all planning to start shopping for your dress?  Or have you started already?  I'm thinking next year around this time, probably, to give plenty of time to both shop and then for the order to come in.  And to see if my tastes change between now and then. How about you?
    Posted by gmcr78[/QUOTE]
  • I got my dress already. I actually bought it in March. I was out with friends who are also engaged and we were all trying on dresses and of course I wanted too, I saw a dress, didnt even think about it. Put it on, fell in love and bought it. I had gone out to try on dresses a few times before and fiquired I would actually start shopping this summer in august, but I found it and ordered it. I wanted to make sure if I had to order it, it would come in within enought time. My SIL had a nightmare experience with her dress, ordered it a year ahead of time, didnt come in till a week before, so i wanted to make sure I had plenty of time. Dress was ordered in March but hasnt come in yet. It was ordered with a custom lenth, yes I had to pay for that, so I am assuming it will take a little longer to come in bc of that. But bc I have to much time I am not worried about it. Now the only problem is, is were to store the dress when it does come in. My Inlaws think I should keep it at home, I would rather just keep it at the store, but we will see. My FI and I live together but if I put it in the spare room he would never see it so I quess that could work.
  • amh012amh012 member
    First Comment
     I was thinking around November December this year that way there is plenty of time to get the dress in and some places can take up to 6-8 months to get the dress in and get it altered. So it all depends on the place you purchase it from! I dont know if i will be able to wait that long though! good luck to you!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_planning-shop-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:36a70e13-763c-41f0-8977-1f70eca2c82bPost:46213e10-2587-4c3f-8349-08c2d6c4ff87">When are you planning to shop for your dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just curious, when are you all planning to start shopping for your dress?  Or have you started already?  I'm thinking next year around this time, probably, to give plenty of time to both shop and then for the order to come in.  And to see if my tastes change between now and then. How about you?
    Posted by gmcr78[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards