Florida-Central Florida
Options

Alcohol in City of Orlando parks?

Anyone know the rules for alcohol in city parks? I can't find a clear answer on their FAQ page. We're looking at a really informal wedding at Mayor Carl T. Langford Park. 

Re: Alcohol in City of Orlando parks?

• Options
    kriistinuhkriistinuh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's where we are having our ceremony! As for the alcohol part, I have no idea. You may have to call to find out. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you have to call the city. It looks like most of them don't allow it though. Wouldn't that violate open container laws since it isn't inside? Just wondering. Maybe you need a permit.
  • Options
    ashbosityashbosity member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I called today and no one answered. I saw another permit application on another page that mentioned serving alcohol, but it seemed more like if you're having a street party. Hopefully they'll get back to me. City of Winter Park was horrible at responding when I tried getting a hold of them last year. Kriistinuh, have you had good communication with them?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to events like films in the park (Central Park in Winter Park) where we and other have brought and consumed alcohol in the park no problem (bottles of wine, things like that). As well as bigger events like the Tiffany lighting ceremony every winter in Winter Park, they let you bring alcohol to that park no problem. I think most parks like that are cool with it :]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's going to very on location... Some cities will require that you hire an off-duty police officer if you are going to serve alcohol (Longwood does that) but it's not pricey. A friend of mine had her reception in Deland, they did not allow her at all. Hopefully they don't make you wait too long to hear back!
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    kriistinuhkriistinuh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My planner has been taking care of everything and from what I know, she hasn't had any problems with communication. Even when we had to change our date, she said everything was good to go on their end.

• Options
    ashbosityashbosity member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I spoke with the parks director today. The answer is yes, but you have to put up orange plastic fencing around your reception and hire 2 police officers. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards