DC

I'm new

Hello ladies,
    I've always heard about theknot and now Im here, so much to do!!
Where do I begin?

Looking for recommendations on:

Flowers
Hair & Makeup
venue
DJ - Although I have one in mind

Thanks in advance

Re: I'm new

• LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello and congratulations!!!!

Recommendations depend on what you're thinking... I see you're from Baltimore, do you plan to have the wedding around there? Are you looking for an outdoor or indoor venue and how many people does it need to hold? And if you don't mind sharing your budget, having a general idea of how much you can spend on your venue also helps recommendations =)

As for flowers, what are your wedding colors, do you want a florist or DIY flowers and do you or your WP have any allergies that need to be considered?
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Love Muffins (Love the name)
        Wow so many things that I wasn't thinking about.
          I live in Baltimore but willing to get married in DC or MD.  Indoor wedding with appx 150 people, as for budget , we have appx $10k for everything!  So right now, I'm not sure if that'll be enough or too much, early stages!!

I cannot decide on a color, at first a wanted to do white & pink, but now I thinking orange & cream?  Thankfully I'm not gettng married til 2012. 

Thank you so much for the info!
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No problem, you definitely have plenty of time to do research and decide on colors!

Probably the best thing you can do now is start researching places, finding out which places are within your budget, etc. Decide how formal you want your wedding to be. You should also probably check out the "budget" and "DIY" boards that they have on here, I'm on there all the time, girls have amazing suggestions for keeping the price tag down.

Look up the Not-So-Big Bridal Boutique. I went to the one in 2010 - it's always in the fall - and they have GREAT vendors there. It's diff from other bridal fairs/shows. Basically they gather a bunch of vendors and divide them into teams - so each team has a photographer, venue, caterer, dj, etc - and then the teams have to put together a wedding package for under $15k. I got a LOT of great ideas from them, and also have chosen several vendors from the one featured there. Since you aren't getting married until 2012, you could definitely attend the fair in fall 2011.

Right now, my best suggestion, is research research research! the more you know about how much everything costs, the easier it is to recognize a great deal when it comes along =)

Good luck!
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement and Welcome to the boards!

As the PP stated, now that you have set your budget, you can do plenty of research on what is available for you within that budget.  Assume about 60% will be on the reception/food, so decide how you want to spend $$ towards your big ticket items, and what you're willing to DIY (programs, invites, STDs, flowers, favors, etc).

Happy planning!
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards