Pennsylvania-Central
Options

find a DJ an Photographer in PA

Hi! i'm looking for a reasonably priced dj and photographer. My fiance and I have a budget of $15,000 & we can't go over that. The venue we chose will be around 12,000 after tax & fees (including ceremony fee). That leaves us with about $3,000 to spend and about $2,500 we have saved up for the wedding. I want to find someone who does a good job without having to sell my kidney to afford him! Any suggestions?
Angelbesdme

Re: find a DJ an Photographer in PA

• Options
    annie42207annie42207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are on FB, check out Kari Lehmans Free Your Mind Photography, she's a close friend of mine and does some fabulous work, and she's reasonably priced.  Also, there is Blissful Photographs, her name is Maria and she's a good friend of my sister-in-law to be and she does fabulous work as well and I believe she's reasonably priced.  As for a DJ, we are using DJ Freez, he is amazing...but his prices are on the higher side.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Mixed Up Productions for our DJ, he is pretty reasonably priced--I think.  Good luck! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ncd5015ncd5015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_dj-photographer-pa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:107Discussion:93e50956-0809-437a-a57e-8c90127bbd12Post:915c060c-99cc-4e92-8a11-e37a9f3c4bf4">Re: find a DJ an Photographer in PA</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using Mixed Up Productions for our DJ, he is pretty reasonably priced--I think.  Good luck! :)
    Posted by crcklw2[/QUOTE]

My sister had them and they were great!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Chick&GuyChick&Guy member
    edited December 2011
    Check out Ken's Entertainment Group....he does Photography Video and Dj and if you get the Photo and DJ together it is cheaper....I actually met with him because I really liked his photography style so I know he is pretty reasonable....if I remember correctly he has a promo going where the DJ is only like 400 with a photography package (dont hold me to that) but I know he does good work and has some very inexpensive packages to some more expensive ones and his DJs seem very cool too!
    I've loved you since I was 8 years old...
    243 Invited image
    171 Are ready to party! image
    70 Are party poopers! image
    2 Said they can't give an answer until a week before the wedding..EXCUSE ME?!!! image
    RSVP Deadline WAS September 20th!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You will be able to be under budget with my two recs--

Photographers-- Solas Photography.  They are absolutely incredible, and their price is a streal.  They are amazing.
    www.solasphotography.com

DJ-- Adam McCallister of Birdsnest Productions-- Very affordable and an amazing DJ.  He does radio also, and he's an announcer at the Revolution games.
    http://www.birdsnestprodj.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine used Mixed Up Productions, and they were awesome!  I would also recommend Tiffany Lewis Photography in Mechanicsburg.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    slpankuchslpankuch member
    edited December 2011

DJ : I second Adam McCallister from Birdsnest productions. He is the cheapest in the area (cheaper than Mixed Up & DJ Freeze). He has lighting avaliable for an extra $50 for unlimited lighting like uplights, monograms, etc. He knows that it's your day and not the DJs time to take over the wedding and be the center of attention. He is very down to earth and funny! (Unlike hot headed DJs..like DJ Freeze..that think they are all that and a bag of chips)

Photographer: Chris Hayes Photography (Shelfont, PA). http://www.chrishayesphotography.com/
    He travels to the area at no extra charge. He is always early for his appointments with us  so you don't have to worry about the distance being an issue.
    His packages are from $950 to $1750. Each package you get your moneys worth. He does not  have hidden fees to pay for CD copyrights of you pics. All packages have them. He is really creative and fun to work with. (see my engagement pics below in my signature)

Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    hlzanderhlzander member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer is Erin with Erin Keough Photography and we are using Matt with Mixed Impressions DJs. I can't say enough good things about both of them! And they will both be in your budget!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Started dating: 10/25/05 My 21st birthday & our engagement: 3/13/10 The first day of the rest of our lives: 6/9/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards