Florida-North Florida
Options

Pensacola Beach and vicinity...

I am hoping to hire a photographer this week. I have narrowed it down to 4 companies out of the 6 that were recommended to me. I am going set up meetings but I am not sure what questions to ask??  I have set aside a big portion of our budget in order to make sure we have great photos but I am not sure how to choose between these last 4. I love the work on their sites pretty equally. 

TIA for any suggestions, as I am a sucker for a good sales pitch and I don't want to get caught up in hype. I still feel a little bad about the dj's I didn't hire... LOL But then I LOVE my DJ and his assistant/fiance! They are my new best friends! 

Re: Pensacola Beach and vicinity...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I am looking at photographers to. Ask them how long. Some are there all day some are there like 3 or 4 hours how ever many you want to pay. Ask for the CD, copyrights, prints, if it includes engagment or bridal sessions. Whats included, how do you shoot. how many phtographers, when is it due and how much is the deposite, cancellation policy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I just aw your post for the bridal show its at the hilton in pensacola beach. Who are the phtographers are you looking into? Whens your wedding date?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lifeizbeachylifeizbeachy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kristen

We are getting married next April in Pensacola Beach. I have spent weeks looking through photographers blogs and websites. 

The first 2 that stood out to me were Vue and David Johnson, but they are booked for my date. I love Vue and would almost change my date for them. Our DJ-First Day recommended some others and gave me some great advice and after all my searching I have narrowed it down to these 4.... 

Posh Images - Husband & wife team - Chris and Amy ( the current front runner, I just love their site and you get 2 photographers all day, your images on dvd/cd/, There slogan is "no one captures love like us" and you can see that in every photo on their site!!)

Michelle Castle

Courtney Craver

Leslie Roark

Who are you considering??  Thanks for the info on The Bridal Show too! 

-Mel

• Options
    edited December 2011

Well I saw Megbaisden or something like that but they are $5500 but wait there is more since i am a pensacolean I get $1000 off! 
    I like this rick guy he seems nice, talked my ear off but a lil pricy as well
    Then leslie called me back I just havent returned her call.
    I have a friend that does photography and he has done weddings, but more on the small side and when i was talking to him he wouldnt directly answer my questions, so i dont think I want to go with him.
    I dont know.

Where are you getting married at?

I am getting married Jan 15 next year at the Greek Church and our reception at New World Landing!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We rented a beach house so we could have the ceremony/reception on the beach, and the out of town guests could stay there. Now more people are talking about coming that we didn't think would travel so we may have to look for a bigger venue. I also was told PB has some new laws that require permits for large gatherings over 35 ppl. so I have to look into that too. 
  • Options
    shelleycastleshelleycastle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't forget to ask about equipment!
    Also ask how many edited images you can expect!
    Every bride deserves a great photographer & one they are comfortable with!!!
    Even being in the industry I didn't ask some of these important questions because I based my decision on my photographer's website. I was in for a shock when I saw her equipment & i only ended up with 123 images for an 8 hr. package :(

Although my own wedding photography experience was bad, it's made me the kind of wedding photographer I am today!

Best of luck girls!
    Michelle Castle

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice Michelle, I'll be calling you soon. ; ) 
    Our DJ had very nice things to say about you!

• Options
    BeachFeetBeachFeet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Alley Kat Photography. She does a wide range of stuff...she did my pinup photos and though she's a little headstrong, she's an amazing photographer. I'm not positive of her wedding prices (I know I won't be able to afford her, as I'm trying to keep my wedding below $2000) but she's got some really great wedding pics on her blog. Here's the link:

http://www.alleykatphotographyblog.com/

Her wedding stuff is just really pretty, I think. And she really loves her job.

I know my photographer requirements are for someone to direct us, someone who takes FUN shots (I'm not a romantic and I don't want a lot of romantic ones), and someone who will make my pictures look like they woudl be featured on a wedding website. I know she's able to do all of that plus some, so I definitely recommend her.
  • Options
    roses4uroses4u member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i know you've already narrowed it down...but i've searched hard to find someone that wasn't gonna totally sink me with a wedding package (i'm a sucker myself) and make me sacrifice time for prints or something (that i can buy myself cheaper). www.jenniferbischof.com asked me what my price range was...what i wanted and then let helped me formuate something that was EXACTLY what i wanted. no one else i found was willing to do that. might be worth checking out if you are struggling. she's FANTASTIC!!!

hope your planning goes smoothly.

:D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards