Flowers
Options

Bouquet Diameter--help!

Hello,
   I'm finalizing my wedding bouquet and the florist says it will be 9 inches in diameter. That seems small and I have come across one comment saying that typically the bride's bouquet is  10-12 inches. Is 9 inches too small?! Should I ask for a bigger one, or go with it? I need to tell her by tomorrow. Please let me know how big your bouquet was/is going to be. THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!
--Alexis

Re: Bouquet Diameter--help!

• Options
    sueflosueflo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    visual rule is 2/3the width of the bride... you don't gain withathe "here come the flowers" look!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. It depends on your stature. Your bouquet is an accessory, it should compliment your ensemble, not over power it.
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are slender and/or petite, the smaller 9" bouquet would be just about  the right size/scale. 

If you are tall or plus size, you might want to go with a little larger bouquet, keeping in mind, the bigger the bouquet, the more attention it will bring. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_bouquet-diameter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:cc84a3a8-63d1-4be5-8fd7-b8ab6c296c33Post:9e3d41d4-b64a-4883-becd-e0207980ba7a">Re: Bouquet Diameter--help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are slender and/or petite, the smaller 9" bouquet would be just about  the right size/scale.  If you are tall or plus size, you might want to go with a little larger bouquet, keeping in mind, the bigger the bouquet, the more attention it will bring. 
    Posted by Catwoman708[/QUOTE]

<div>This. I'm 5' 2", a size 2, and a 9 inch diameter bouquet seems large to me. </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    repeat... 2 thirds the width of the brides waist... it totally works out best... 
    Then the bridesmaids should be about  2/3 the size of the brides flowers... 

So yes, a 9 inch bouquet for a size 2 is way too big!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm being juvenile, but I giggled at the poll - hilarious out of context :)How big is big enough?10 Votes (71.4%)9 inches is ok!4 Votes (28.6%)9 inches is too small--go bigger.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards