Massachusetts-Boston

Uplighting in Madera Room (The Villa) help...

I am getting married at the Villa in the Madera room and I am considering LED uplighting. Anybody has advice or recommendations? How many lights do we need? Some people told us 12, others 20, it just hard to tell...

Thank you all and happy planning!

Re: Uplighting in Madera Room (The Villa) help...

• CapeMJA84CapeMJA84 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE the Madera room - my best friends sister just had her wedding there and they did uplighting.  What they had was one light at the base of each pillar then one on the left and one on the right of each fireplace.  From the center of the room you see each pillar lit up as well as the back wall with the fireplace roaring between.  It's breath-taking.  I can't remember how many pillars there were, so can't give an exact number of lights, but the total I'm suggesting would probably be around 16 I think.  Good luck - I'm so jealous.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Saphire and if you ask them they will do the uplighting for you. I think we only paid 250$ for the package through them. Since they do the lights and own the venue they should know how many are appropriate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CapeMJA84CapeMJA84 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw that option - their uplighting is the old cans - not LED, so they can't change color and usually default to an amber or purple.  It's nice, but personally I think the LED looks a lot better.  Here's a link to the wedding I referenced above so you can see what they did:  http://berryphotos.smugmug.com/2010-Weddings-1/Kristen-and-Daniel-Mento/14413312_TgfxhZ#1068701931_AUZJS

• ld2012ld2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you so much ladies! :)
  • edited December 2011

I am getting married in the Madera room as well and was wondering abou uplighting! any thoughts as to what company you are going to use?

• edited December 2011
    Most DJs offer uplighting, I think it is best to bundle it up because you can get a  better deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards