Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Where Should We Register??

My fiance and I just want to hear where others have registered before. We're thinking Kohl's and possibly Bed Bath and Beyond.  Any suggestions or ideas?

Re: Where Should We Register??

• Options
    We did BB&B and it was mostly okay.  We had some issues getting things shipped to us that we had purchased with our completion discount (it took almost two months to get some items!), and some issues with getting replacements for items that broke during shipping  (some things appear to have broken before they were shipped, as the box showed no damage, but one glass in the middle of the box was broken....hmm...).  Also we had one set of four plates that shipped with only three in the box, and we STILL haven't seen the one replacement and that was over 4 months ago.

Overall, we were fairly satisfied -- maybe a 7 out of 10?   It seemed to be convenient for most of our guests,and otherwise the stuff has been of good quality.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    We did BBB, Macy's, and Amazon.  We were generally satisfied all around.  We had to return things to BBB and Macy's after using them because the quality was not as good as we thought (like a cocktail shaker that kept rusting), and they didn't give us any problems.  We used the Amazon registry to include a few items from REI, WS, and some other stores, since it's got a universal registry option.  As for the stuff we got from Amazon itself, it's kind of a pain to return, since you have to pay shipping if it's not defective--we got a duplicate cookbook, and just decided to regift rather than deal with the return.  

When you pick your stores, I suggest looking into what the completion discount is, what the return policy is, and then think about what stores are convenient for your guests.  If everyone shops in store and you register at a place that's not close to your guests, you probably won't get much from your registry.
  • Options
    We did BBB and Target. We have always had a great experience at BBB just in general. They let you use expired coupons, and just recently we made a large $500 purchase there, then received a 20% off coupon in the mail. They let us bring our receipt in and use the coupon to get a $100 refund. We had no problems with them during the registering process.

I know some people say they have issues with Target, but we didn't. We registered there because we buy a LOT of stuff at Target for our house, so it made sense to us to risk it. Luckily we had no problems.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    We are planning on registering at BBB, Macys, and possibly Target.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We're registered at Williams-Sonoma & Amazon
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    BB&B and Macy's are great choices! BB&B is awesome with 20% off coupons and Macy's always has great sales!

• Options
    Target, Kohl's, Amazon, and after much much pressure from a few people, we caved and did BBB too.  I think Amazon is our favorite registry though ;D
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2012
    William Sonoma, Crate & Barrell/Pottery Barn and Bloomingdales
  • Options
    We're on BBB, Macy's and Williams-Sonoma.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have done BBB and Crate and Barrel.  Thus far, I've been pleased with them both.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards