New York
Options

So annoyed with myself

Tonight I had my first dress fitting, and I'm so mad at myself for all the weight I've gained since I ordered it. I got the dress in a 6 to accommodate my largest measurement, my chest. When it first came in, we determined that we would have to take the waist in about 2 inches and hem the dress a little bit, and that would be it. Fast forward to tonight. When I put my dress on, it would barely zip all the way up. I also had those armpit fat rolls in the front and a back roll in the back, definately not what I want for my wedding day. Now that the dress has to be let out instead of taken in, the alterations are going to be super expensive because the dress has some ruffles and beading/crystals that are going to have to be reworked.

I'm just so frustrated and mad at myself. My mom keeps telling me it's not my fault I gained weight because I hurt my knee and haven't been very active lately, but that really doesn't change how upsetting this is. Not to mention we are going to Hawaii for our honeymoon, and I want to look hot in a bikini. Ugh, sorry for the vent, I just needed to go somewhere and feel sorry for myself for a little bit.
Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker

Re: So annoyed with myself

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you aren't happy with how everything looked.  Frown

You've still got a little over a month.  Even if alterations are necessary for the fit, perhaps adding in some light weight training (upper body) will help to tone everything up.  There are lots of simple, low impact exercises that you can do, even with a hurt knee.

I'm sending some positive thoughts your way.  You are going to look beautiful on your wedding day and super hot on your honeymoon.  Don't get discouraged or give up on yourself.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Happily9Happily9 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sorry that your dress didn't fit the way you wanted it to.  If it makes you feel any better....I am pretty sure I am in the same boat with you.  I go for my first fitting next weekend so I will know for sure then. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you got hurt! It can be frustrating not being able to be active. Like PP, I'm sure if you do some light weights and watch what you're eating (not that I'm suggesting you're not!!), and remain as stress free as possible, it might help some.

Your FI will love you in your dress regardless!!
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am happy to post some tips for you, as soon as I get back to my laptop nd off my iphone, that might be helpful; us pageant girls know all about crash-slimming down in a small amount of time (not that its a healthy habit, but, you arent talking about going to a size 0). If nothing else, theyll help you feel a little better :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok here I am! So, here are some upper-body exercises that might help with your concerns. All you'll need are two 5-lb dumbbells.

1. See how this guy is holding the dumbbells? This is how you should hold them, except a little more.... *horizontally,* as if you're holding one long bar.

2. Lift your elbows straight up, so that the dumbbells are in line with your chest. You should be making a chicken-wing type shape wth your arms. Hold here for like, 2 seconds.
    3. While still holding the weights up near your chest, "tuck" your elbows in towards each other, behind your back. Essentially, squeeze your shoulder blades together. Your elbows will obviously not go very far back, bodies just aren't made that way, but you'll feel the squeeze. This move will help tone your upper back. Hold in this position for 2 seconds as well before bringing your arms back to the starting position.
    I don't have a name for this move, I call it the chicken wing exercise because you're sorta moving your arms like chicken wings betweenmoves 2 and 3. Start with 3 sets of 5, with a 15-second pause in between each set. Do more if you can, do less if you can't do more. But I swear by these moves for arms and upper-back.

For the dreaded "armpit fat," try this:

1. Start like this, but with legs apart (or sitting down)

2. All you have to do is bring your arms together in front of your face, elbows touching elbows, arms touching arms, and wrists touching wrists. Your arms will rotate so that the inside of your arm/palm of hand will be facing you when you bring them together.
    Again, 3 sets of 5. Do these moves as often as you can, each exercise once a day and then do the other exercise the next day (you want to do this to confuse your muscles, so they don't hit a plateau.) If you find that you're very sore after the first day, try your best to do the other exercise that day and then take day 3 off to let your muscles rest. A burn at first is good, it means it's working, but you don't want to overstress your muscles because that will injure them.

Hope this helps, and good luck!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! The irony of the situation is, I hurt my knee exercising and trying to stay fit for the wedding. Damn TurboKick class. My physical therapist told me not to do anything that hurts my knee, but that literally leaves me nothing seeing as it hurts just walking or standing on it.

Lorna - thanks so much for those exercises! I have never seen one for the armpit rolls, and that has always been a problem of mine no matter what my weight is. I'll definately break the weights out and give them a try.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Raes no problem! I actually did a good number on my knee doing 5 miles on the treadmill the other day... apparantly, treadmills are NO good for long distances at all, and the irony is that we're just trying to stay healthy and here we are kicking our own a**es in the process lmao. do whatever you can sitting down, and the nice thing about these particular exercises is that they require very little from your lower body, so you could very well do them sitting down.

In fact--lightbulb!-- you SHOULD do them sitting down, and tighten your abs when you do them. "Engage" your abs during sets 2 and 3 of the first exercise, then relax, and for the second one, "engage" when you bring your arms together and until you spread them back apart. Double whammy workout Laughing
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Like PPs said, you still have some time.  Don't get too down on yourself!  Watch what you eat and try to get some upper body exercises.  Good luck, and I'm sure you'll look beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards