North Carolina
Options

NWR: Moving to Winston-Salem :)

Hey ladies, my husband to be just got a job in Winston-Salem so we're relocating.  I'd love to connect with some local knotties in the area as I don't know anyone in the state at all (aside from some of my fiance's extended family and they're hours away).

I'm looking at going to UNC Greensboro (just finalizing everything there) for their Sports Med program and then UNC Chapel Hill for their PT program.  I'm interested in local gyms (especially with free or low cost trial periods), restaurants, shopping, hiking that you recommend, etc..

Re: NWR: Moving to Winston-Salem :)

• Options
    I'm at UNCG! (Please don't come find me and kill me :])
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My fi goes to UNCG :) he used to make the commute to UNCG from Winston before we moved in together, so it isn't too bad :)

What kind of food do you like? We're huge foodies and have eaten just about everywhere in both Winston and Greensboro, lots of recommendations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_nwr-moving-to-winston-salem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:5663f73b-de0e-4677-bdb3-074972bc7cb4Post:299d1db0-e8aa-40ac-8fe6-c8fffb28e855">Re: NWR: Moving to Winston-Salem :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fi goes to UNCG :) he used to make the commute to UNCG from Winston before we moved in together, so it isn't too bad :) What kind of food do you like? We're huge foodies and have eaten just about everywhere in both Winston and Greensboro, lots of recommendations!
    Posted by itsobviouslyhil[/QUOTE]

Oh gosh, so sorry that I didn't respond to you ladies earlier - In all the craziness of moving I had forgotten that I'd posted this.  I'd really love recommendations for fun, local places to eat.  Neither of us drink (though we're not underage ;), but just those fun hole-in-wall, word-of-mouth kind of places :)  And that's great to hear that the WS/UNCG commute isn't terrible - an advisor I spoke with at UNCG was really trying to make me understand how long it would take me.

I pmed both of you!!

Btw, any thoughts on WSSU for undergrad + /PT school?
  • Options
    pm'ed you back :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards