September 2013 Weddings

Anyone using Publix for their cake??

I have mixed emotions about using Publix for my cake. I have had several weddings where the bride used them and the cake was what you would expect from a grocery store bakery. I have had other weddings where the bride used a specialty baker and it was dry and not good. Since I am having a super small destination wedding I am leaning towards using them since I pretty much know how it will taste it would be budget friendly. I was wondering if any of you were using Publix (or a grocery store bakery) and chose them over a specialty baker because you thought it tasted better.

Re: Anyone using Publix for their cake??

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_anyone-using-publix-for-their-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:443a78e1-3df2-4847-ac36-6f9a1864b120Post:1804b600-bee3-4962-83a1-f054d620bd33">Anyone using Publix for their cake??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have mixed emotions about using Publix for my cake. I have had several weddings where the bride used them and the cake was what you would expect from a grocery store bakery. I have had other weddings where the bride used a specialty baker and it was dry and not good. Since I am having a super small destination wedding I am leaning towards using them since I pretty much know how it will taste it would be budget friendly. I was wondering if any of you were using Publix (or a grocery store bakery) and chose them over a specialty baker because you thought it tasted better.
    Posted by princessannie12[/QUOTE]

<div>I would definitely do a Jewel cake (i think it is delicious!) but they do not have a delivery option.  I wouldnt want to put someone in charge of picking up my cake and setting it up at the venue... It seems like a HUGE task not to be taken lightly</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are having Publix for our cake. Out of all of the weddings FI and I have been to their specialty baker cakes were dry and boring. Every Publix cake we have ever had is delicious and moist. We are actually going on Saturday to decide on the cake while we are in Cocoa Beach.
    ***September 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I recently gave the local Walmart a try for a birthday cake and they did a fabulous job on it. I can get my cake from them for half the price, but would have to pick it up
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm thinking about cupcakes from our grocery store. I was going to make them, but i'd have to make about 60 and that might be a bit overwelming the day before the wedding. We really can't afford to get them done at a specialty shop.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards