California-Orange County
Options

Where are you having your rehearsal dinner?

I've been trying to search for places in Orange County preferably the Brea/Fullerton area for our rehearsal dinner, and haven't been able to find anything yet. We're trying to find somewhere that's family style, maybe Italian, something budget friendly 'cause we're paying ourselves. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks :)

Re: Where are you having your rehearsal dinner?

• Options
    ms.ritaliums.ritaliu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    are you looking for something more upscale or casual?  I know there's a lomelli's (italian restaurant) in brea off of bastenchury in between N State College Blvd and Harbor (?).   The food is decent and very affordable!  What about Buccas? There's one in brea off Imperial....  

if anything, you can always do a yelp review for restaurants in the area :) I love yelp- it's actually a VERY good food resource for all things, including wedding stuff!  GL!
    ~Rita
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was also going to mention Buca de Peppo - they have a party package where you can have all you can eat for a price - you can pick like 2 or 3 pasta and salad for something like 16.00 a person.  You can also try BJ's and Yard House in Brea as well - I know they do the same thing.  Also the spaghetti factory in Fullerton - they have the same thing.
    HTH
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ms.ritaliums.ritaliu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there are some really great places in downtown fullerton too! I can't think of the name right now- it's something "sol" (vista del sol?) - but it has a rooftop area for dining.  It's really nice.  But try downtown fullerton too!
    ~Rita
  • Options
    kitsune143kitsune143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at the Olive Garden. Its nice and simple.

I would have to agree with dawnbeatty about the Spaghetti Factory being a good place to have it. That was actually my first thought when you mentioned Fullerton. I've gone to several events at the one in Fullerton. Its such a great location, by the train station and all, and they have great food, of course!
  • Options
    kitsune143kitsune143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Scratch that. Freaking Olive Garden doesn't take reservations after 5pm on weekends (including Fri). And they don't have a private room. They just lost our buisness :-(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help ladies! I'm thinking about BJ's in Brea or a place called Roman Cucina in Fullerton (not sure if they do family style or not).
    PS- I love yelp too Rita! We have found some really great restaurants on there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards