Favors
Options

2 types of favors at one wedding?

My fiance is a chef, and we thought teapot shaped kitchen timers that say "love is brewing" http://weddingshop.theknot.com/weddingwarehouse/ProductPage.aspx?scId=Clearance(KnotShop)&pId=P2017(KnotShop)&cId=Clearance(KnotShop)&cTypF=CL

would be a good idea for a favor, but all the couples attending won't need 2 kitchen timers to take home to their one kitchen.... could we also do our original idea of a plantable flower seed card that says "true love grows here" our names and the wedding date

maybe buy 1/2 the guests the timers and 1/2 of them the cards and leave them all on a table near the exit... that way people can choose what they want? or maybe put each favor on every other seat at the tables? Does that sound too weird?? any ideas?
-Amber

Re: 2 types of favors at one wedding?

• Options
    spalkospalko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like both of those idea, they are very cute!! My only concern with doing both (and not having enough for everyone) is that some people are going to want this one or that one and there wont be enough. Or people will take more than one plant (which might turn out to be fine) but then you may end up with a lot of kitchen timers left over. I'm in the same boat about not knowing what to do in regards to favors. In the end though, do what you like the best, it's your day with your honey!!
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Becareful ordering from the knot shop. A lot of people have reported problems. If you scroll through a couple posts on here you can see some people's experiences.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_2-types-of-favors-one-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:600d7ad4-8ba7-4f57-b101-2cefa6ebef07Post:3b0fc001-a807-4da2-9d30-46f51f3abcd3">Re: 2 types of favors at one wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Becareful ordering from the knot shop. A lot of people have reported problems. If you scroll through a couple posts on here you can see some people's experiences.
    Posted by jelybeancg[/QUOTE]

I didn't have any problems with TheKnot shop.  I only ordered some personalized napkins.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry i'm not nuts about either of these ideas. i love to cook and wouldn't use the timer. the seeds is a cute idea but i would take it and probably forget about it in my purse and a lot of your guests probably won't end up planting it. i think stick with one idea for everyone. if your FI is a chef and wants to do something food related maybe make some cookies or something else homemade. i just wouldn't want your favors to end up left on the tables or in your guests' drawers and never used. even with edible stuff i had friend that made all these little jars of hot sauces and chutneys for favors and a lot of people didn't take theirs home. though they also left a box of chocolates on every table so guests can help themselves and at the end of the night there was not one chocolate left. i think favors that are most successful are ones that guests can enjoy at the table.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards