Getting in Shape

Food Tracking Question

I joined My Fitness Pal and have really enjoyed tracking my food each day.  One thing I've noticed is that I am consistantly over on protein, but under on the other three categories by the time I've finished dinner.   I am happy to be under in calories and carbs - allows for a glass of wine or 2.  :) 

BUT my question is about being over on protein - is this a problem?  Something I can just notice and play around with?  I don't have much nutritional background knowledge...I thought one of you ladies may have encountered this already???

Thanks for the help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Food Tracking Question

• No problem.  I've actually found that the numbers given by MFP for protein are often lower than what may be ideal.  As long as the added protein is good proteing and not just from eating crap.. you shouldn't worry at all.
  • Sorry, I can only read the OP so I'm not sure what advice you've already been given...

I have found that MFP sets you on the low side for protein anyway, going over on it isn't a big deal. There's varying opinions about how much protein to eat daily, but I aim for 30% of my daily calories to come from protein. (50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fat - but it doesn't ALWAYS turn out that way, haha).

I have heard people talk about eating too much protein being hard for your kidneys, but that would be a lot of protein, like +200g per day.. at least in the things I've read. Please take that with a grain of salt and do your own research before quoting me.

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • McRogolMcRogol member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Thanks so much for the reply - I couldn't see the other post either so was really hoping someone else would chime in!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards