Illinois-Chicago
Options

Bridal Store recommendations

I'm not from Chicago, but I'm coming this weekend to go wedding dress shopping with my mom -- what stores do you ladies recommend (or recommend I avoid)?  My budget is $2k or less (ideally less).

Re: Bridal Store recommendations

• Options
    tonya07tonya07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go to Priscilla of Boston in Oakbrook Terrace.  I went to almost all of the stores downtown & ended up finding my dress at POB.  The other place I would recommend is White Chicago.  They didn't have a dress for me, but they have a ton of beautiful dresses for a lot less than retail.  You can preview some of their dresses on their website... http://www.whitexchange.com/  If you're closer to a sample size 8, you'll have a lot more options.  The last place is Mira Couture.  I would recommend this is you enjoy more traditional wedding gown styles.  Their prices are very reasonable & they can make a lot of customizations to their gowns.  

I hope you have a great trip with your mom!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    u_rica77u_rica77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest Dimitras on Rush- I went there to try on dresses when my mom and FMIL were in town. They had a lot in the under $2000 range. I didn't end up getting my dress there, but I did find a gorgeous San Patrick gown (brand new) that was under $1,000- it was a definite contender.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker< br > Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Crystal Bride in Geneva, IL. Stunning selection-all under 2K. You do need an appointment though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you can get to the burbs, Eva's Bridal in Orland Park or A L'Amour in Barrington.  Eva's has tons of stuff from all price ranges and is where I bought my dress (a $800 Mori Lee).  They also have lots of pricey designers, so I'm sure you could find a good happy median there.  L'Amour is fancy, and will try to push you to the top of your budget, but has a nice selection in the 1K-2K range.
  • Options
    lizlovesartlizlovesart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    white satin bridal in plainfield is great
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just bought my dress this week. If you can drive...def. go to The Crystal Bride in Geneva. None of their dresses are more than $1700. Ask for Chante- she was amazing. The salon is gorgeous and not crowded. I got my dress for $900. Great quality and selection.
  • Options
    josiegirljosiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely loved A Joyful Occasion in Naperville.
    She really has a unique collection, not the dresses you see everywhere.
    Great prices and service.  I bought a Vera Wang sample for a steal there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards