September 2013 Weddings
Options

Wednesday

I'm going to jump the gun with a Wednesday post.

Yesterday FI looked into parking options for our guests.  The venue (a boat on Boston Harbor) does not have parking.  FI found a lot five minutes away with $11 parking (unheard of in downtown Boston), and we're looking into shuttles.  We're going to let our guests know that if they park there (and we'll provide directions), they can park for free and take a shuttle.  If they want to park next to the reception, there's a lot with $35 parking.  It will be up to our guests to make that call.  FMIL wanted to pay for parking for just her guests, but FI and I shot that down because we think it's rude to treat some guests differently than others.  We'll take care of it ourselves for everyone in that case.

FI also scheduled an appointment to go about an after-party.  I wanted to go to a bar, he wanted to do a private room.  This place does "semi-private".  We'd have a room off to the side with some food, and a place for people to hang out, but everyone would get their drinks from the bar.  Sort of the best of both!  Our guests would have wristbands so the bartender won't charge them unless they order a cocktail (we're hosting beer and wine - which will be posted on a sign).  I don't think it's going to be as expensive as we thought it would be, so I'm excited about that.  Plus it's across the street from the hotel so it's really convenient.

On top of all that, FI started getting quotes for a car for the two of us.

These aren't quite checks because nothing is set in stone, but it's nice to have some progress being made...

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Hooray for almost checks!

I haven't done much wedding stuff over ther past week, but that's mostly because everything is already settled.  I did order my jewelry and our return address stamp, which came yesterday and I am IN LOVE with it.  I walked around last night randomly stamping things just because I could :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    What did you use for a return stamp?  We just figured out this week that if we go this route we can save over $100.  I saw some on VistaPrint, but I'm open to other ideas...
  • Options
    Thanks for starting the Wednesday post, ladies -- I was out of the office this AM.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I saw some on Etsy that look cute, but haven't looked to much into them. I would love to know where you got yours. I ordered a free stamp from Vistaprint when I ordered my save the dates. It just has our address, no names so I would love to get a better one with names on it.

I need to start working on more wedding stuff but I feel like all of the next things that need to be done depend on other people who aren't cooperating/have no time to do it. I want to pick out tuxs/suits so at least I know how they will look, but FI is being a butthead about going and always finds a reason not to. I want my BMs to start looking at dresses. I plan on picking a designer and a color (navy) and letting them pick their own dress but each one has a diff price they can afford and I have no idea what that is since no one will get back to me. I did stop at Michael's yesterday and pick up some scrapbook paper that I am going to try to DIY our invite inserts from so I think that will be my weekend project, other than getting FI to pick out his suit.
    ***September 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration***
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That was some good progress!

FI and I are debating going to a wedding in New Brunswick July 27th.  It's all the way across the country and won't be cheap to attend (flying within Canada is nuts!).  It's some good friends of ours that we don't see often and we hope they attend our wedding as well, but that's a huge trip/expense to make roughly a month before our own wedding, especially with our subsequent honeymoon...at the same time, I know it would be a blast and I LOVE the east coast.  What to do!
  • Options
    I feel so behind when ever I come and look at everything people have done. So far I have my dress and my appointment for alterations and I have the location just need to finalize tent, table, and chair rentals. I don't even have my guest list finalized (mostly because the FI won't sit down and do it). Kind of have food picked out but not really. Ugh so far behind!
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I've been too busy to think much about the wedding lately. I did send most of my contracts to my wedding planner so she can start getting organized and we are going to work on the budget together soon.... probably next week. NWR: I got to start looking through resumes today and I will start interviewing people next week to staff my new property!!! Yayyy! I made one of my coworkers be my guinea pig so I could practice being the interviewer... gosh its almost as nerve wrecking as being the interviewee!
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got a return stamp on Etsy...I love it! It was around 25 bucks I think, but we will definitely get use out of it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards