Rhode Island
Options

Hyatt Regency Newport Reviews????

Hi Everyone,

We are investigating the Rose Island Ballroom for our 230 person wedding in the fall 2011. Anyone that can share their experience with the Hyatt would be GREATLY appreciated!

Re: Hyatt Regency Newport Reviews????

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We worked with Laura for our RD and their service was amazing!  They went out of their way to make us happy, food was delicious and Laura even dealt with me AND my FMIL when we did not see eye-to-eye.  I would highly recommend the Hyatt. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our brunch in the Rose room the day after our wedding. The food was great! However leading up to the brunch, we had some issues. I couldn't get a returned call or email for the life of me. On average, response time was a week. I had to email them about the menu 4 weeks before the event date because I hadn't heard from them.  I was suppose to be dealing with Steven, but never did he was always MIA and dealt with other people. Also, we're having some billing issues, and of course, they aren't getting back to us. 

I've never heard of any other issues with them until us, so I'm sure you would be fine, especially being a wedding verse a brunch. And again,  the food was really good that we had. I would think about the deck there is pretty small is your having 230 people though, not many people would be able to fit on it, they would have to go to the lawn on the side. 

• Options
    Sarah MDSarah MD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't speak about any weddings there, but I booked two rooms for my cousin's b-party,.  They were on the ground floor and were very damp.  It was pretty enough, but nothing spectacular.  If people are staying over, I suggest they stay on an upper floor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards