Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Traditional Ceremony Music

I need some help with songs.  I'm going to walk down the isle to Canon in D but I can't decide what to use for the bridal party.  Any suggestions on traditional songs that will fit with the Canon in D.  Thanks!

Re: Traditional Ceremony Music

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring or Trumpet Voluntary by Clarke are two of my favorites.
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always liked Air on the G String.  I think that would work with Cannon in D.  I've also heard of girls using Cannon in D the entire time, then simply cranking it up for the bride.  I will probably use Air and Cannon for parents, candle lighting, and bridal party then walk down the aisle to Trumpet Voluntary.  I know some girls used beautiful instrumental versions of secular songs, as well.
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• Options
    amybrentamybrent member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring for grandparents, How Beautiful for parents, Canon in D for bridesmaids, and I'm walking down to Trumpet Voluntary.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is what I used for my wedding:

Entrance of groom and minister/family processional:  Joy of Man’s Desire 

Wedding Party Processional:  Cannon D – Pachabell

Bridal Processional:  Bridal Chorus by Wagner Bridal Recessional:  Wedding March
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Canon in D for the moms, Jesu for the BP, and I walked down to Trumpet Voluntary.  When I heard it being played in the church, I knew that's what I wanted to walk down the aisle to.  You can also choose Spring by Vivaldi. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_traditional-ceremony-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d19403ea-4195-4b8a-9230-e82cd330f362Post:1a607aa5-f5c8-49e1-b576-0cda3426ddb7">Re: Traditional Ceremony Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring for grandparents, How Beautiful for parents, Canon in D for bridesmaids, and I'm walking down to Trumpet Voluntary.
    Posted by amybrent[/QUOTE]

Same here except grandparents and parents both walked to Jesu, Joy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards