New Jersey
Options

Photography Help!

Hello all! 

I was wondering if anyone can recommend an amazing photographer in NJ?  I was originally looking at Jeff Tisman, I love his style and am just blown away by his work, but he is SO expensive.  I am a huge photography nut, it is a strong passion of mine, so the photos are extremely important to me.  I love creative, artistic shots to regular portraits. (And someone who really cares about their work.)  I've been seaching the internet going to photog's websites and nothing has really spoken to me.  Can anyone give a good recomendation and/or have photos from their wedding? 

Thanks so much! I appreciate it! :-)

Re: Photography Help!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_photography-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:00ab4c61-5ee6-4471-91ef-b49c3051fec0Post:28f4fe66-a7c8-4c77-8b50-7bbd44b7acf2">Photography Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello all!  I was wondering if anyone can recommend an amazing photographer in NJ?  I was originally looking at Jeff Tisman, I love his style and am just blown away by his work, but he is SO expensive.  I am a huge photography nut, it is a strong passion of mine, so the photos are extremely important to me.  I love creative, artistic shots to regular portraits. (And someone who really cares about their work.)  I've been seaching the internet going to photog's websites and nothing has really spoken to me.  Can anyone give a good recomendation and/or have photos from their wedding?  Thanks so much! I appreciate it! :-)
    Posted by dmack417[/QUOTE]
    Hey! We are using Orlando from Photography by Orlando. He is awesome and has a very easy going personality. Most importantly, his work is amazing.
  • Options
    We used Matt Rainey for our wedding and we loved him.

IDK what you mean by "expensive," though. We splurged a bit on him (and cut back a bit on some other things to do so), but it was worth every penny. Photos last forever - dresses, napkins, and the honeymoon don't.
  • Options
    Thanks for your suggestions!  Both are really great options!  We are doing our research first to get an idea of price and quality, so we may end up splurging on the photographer.  Just started looking, so we'll see! 
  • Options
    We are using photography by orlando as well.  he is AMAZING!  i'm totally in love with our engagement pics and can't wait to see what he does with our wedding.  Definitely check him out.  he is totally worth it!
  • Options
    Gerda from European Artist Photography in Middletown.  She is a little pricey, but I felt she was well worth it.  We have almost 1700 pics to chose from & that does not include the "blinking" or bad photos that she removed already.  She kept my bp happy - was joking & knew how to get everyone to smile.  She also made my DH & myself feel very attractive...
    I will try to attach a couple of photos to this post.  Sorry, all the professional photos are too large to upload on here. 
  • Options
    Brian from the Bleu Studio they are amazing...very creative!!
  • Options
    Not sure if you are familar or about his pricing, but look up ALBAPRO... impeccable!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_photography-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:00ab4c61-5ee6-4471-91ef-b49c3051fec0Post:6855a461-9d95-4fcb-aed2-a8cd4d4e3117">Re: Photography Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not sure if you are familar or about his pricing, but look up ALBAPRO... impeccable!!
    Posted by Veelush[/QUOTE]

<div>I'd skip this rec. It's coming from someone that wants Dom Perignon (the Venetian) on a Budweiser budget. I looked up their site and it's not very good. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_photography-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:00ab4c61-5ee6-4471-91ef-b49c3051fec0Post:06238933-9813-4e48-a26a-c2db9c8e6468">Re: Photography Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Photography Help! : I'd skip this rec. It's coming from someone that wants Dom Perignon (the Venetian) on a Budweiser budget. I looked up their site and it's not very good. 
    Posted by bereasonable2[/QUOTE]

is there a reason you are speaking this way? for your information, I am NOT on a "Budweiser" budget. I can book at the Venetian if need be, but I am looking for something else as I am a resident of Staten Island and weddings Ive attended in NJ were mainly at the Venetian.

I suggest you keep your useless opinions to yourself.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_photography-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:00ab4c61-5ee6-4471-91ef-b49c3051fec0Post:9a9b202a-38d3-4387-8049-92ab20ebb9ed">Re: Photography Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Photography Help! : is there a reason you are speaking this way? for your information, I am NOT on a "Budweiser" budget. I can book at the Venetian if need be, but I am looking for something else as I am a resident of Staten Island and weddings Ive attended in NJ were mainly at the Venetian. I suggest you keep your useless opinions to yourself.
    Posted by Veelush[/QUOTE]

<div>I stand corrected. Albapro is an amazing photographer. You should use them. Highly recommended.</div>
  • Options
    jeff tisman is a nice choice.  I'd splurge and conserve money somewhere else.

If this is the person that blew you away than you are just going to consistently compare his work to everyone else's.  You can show someone else the idea you were going for - but it is a bit difficult to mask talent.
  • Options
    miclanmiclan member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I hear ya, girl! My cousin had jeff tisman shoot her wedding about 4 or 5 years ago and I have been absolutely IN LOVE with her pictures ever since. I compare just about everyones wedding photos I've seen to hers! But once I saw the prices, I just knew I couldn't spend that much on photography. I looked at tons and tons of photographers, and the only one who's work really compares for me is Jamie Bodo. I can't speak personally for her work, since my wedding isn't for another year, but I love everything I've seen online. And she can give you a great deal. I have been emailing with her and she is very quick with responses. I would definitely check her out!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://northjersey.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_photography-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:00ab4c61-5ee6-4471-91ef-b49c3051fec0Post:06238933-9813-4e48-a26a-c2db9c8e6468">Re: Photography Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Photography Help! : I'd skip this rec. It's coming from someone that wants Dom Perignon (the Venetian) on a Budweiser budget. I looked up their site and it's not very good. 
    Posted by bereasonable2[/QUOTE]

The jokes don't stop from this one.  You got to love all these high end to low end comparisons...truly original the first 50 times you've used it!!!!   I love how you never post questions, why would that be???  maybe your pretending to have Bently lifestyle when you're truly a beat up rusty Buick, LMAO!!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_photography-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:00ab4c61-5ee6-4471-91ef-b49c3051fec0Post:17b75ead-065f-49df-8c5e-eeffb6b74a4c">Re: Photography Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Photography Help! : The jokes don't stop from this one.  You got to love all these high end to low end comparisons...truly original the first 50 times you've used it!!!!   I love how you never post questions, why would that be???  maybe your pretending to have Bently lifestyle when you're truly a beat up rusty Buick, LMAO!!!!
    Posted by al7601[/QUOTE]

<div>I was going to address this, but judging by your grammatical errors, I might make your head explode if I use "grown up" words.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards