April 2012 Weddings
Options

Show Me Your...Wedding Jewelry!

So, my idea was to wear my grandmother's crystal necklace for the ceremony & then switch into a larger pink piece for the reception. Once I had my hair/makeup trial, I realized that my reception piece just wasn't of good enough quality, so I'm ditching it. 

Here is my grandmother's necklace that I inherited. I also have a 3 strand crystal bracelet to go along with it. The earrings were purchased 2 years ago at a vintage show to match. Show me your wedding jewelry! 

Re: Show Me Your...Wedding Jewelry!

• Options
    I LOVE YOURS!!!!!  I'm not sure what I'm wearing anymore.  Mine didn't look right with my dress so I sold it...whomp
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was going to wear this (just bracelet & earings): 

BUT found this bracelet in a vintage shop and fell in love.  I'm going to use it with some small drop pearl earings that FI gave me for my birthday our first year dating (something old).  :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    @futuremrsdavies Thanks & yikes! Only 1 month left to find something! Finding a second necklace was a really hard task. Nothing really fit my vision perfectly, it was too expensive to get it custom made & although my mom makes jewelry, it is beyond her knowledge. I'm just sticking with this one. 

@chickenbut143 I LOVE your bracelet! So I see you're a no-necklace kind of girl. I can't do it. I can barely leave the house without a necklace! For this last month I'm not wearing any necklaces, bracelets, ring or earrings. Sometimes the costume jewelry can stain my skin or give me a mild rash. NBD under normal circumstances, but I'm not risking having a stain on my wedding day!
  • Options
    Thanks for reminding me that I still need to find something. :(
  • Options
    I normally wear necklaces and lots of jewelry, but I want to go simple.  Watch...i'll change my mind on wedding day!  lol  I'm taking both sets to see which one I like more.  I do love your jewelry, Renata - beautiful, classic, and just like having a piece of your grandmother there with you!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    justad0remejustad0reme member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012

I wanted to keep it simple since that's more my style.  My Fi got me the necklace and I bought the earrings.  We ended up getting a really good deal since we got the necklace and earrings from the same place we got our rings which is owned by a family friend. I didn't want to spend too much money on the bracelet so I got it at Macy's and I ended up using one of my coupons so it was also a good buy.

~~* Jen *~~
  • Options
    Jen-- I love your bracelet from Macy's! I have a Necklace and earrings i plan to wear but i havent decided if i should buy a bracelet to match also.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_show-me-yourwedding-jewelry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:687e28d4-2222-4107-8f5d-d078c54581e7Post:039e7aec-7402-4896-be13-3229d1ef4c1e">Re: Show Me Your...Wedding Jewelry!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jen-- I love your bracelet from Macy's! I have a Necklace and earrings i plan to wear but i havent decided if i should buy a bracelet to match also.
    Posted by MCCRARYSCOTT[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! I think I paid less than $30 for it.  Sometimes they have really good stuff you just have to look for it...fortunately for me that was the last one they had so I had to buy it when I saw it.  ;]
    ~~* Jen *~~
  • Options
    Justad0reme - very nice! They look really great together.
  • Options
    My dad bought me a pearl necklace for Christmas for the wedding. My something borrowed is a pearl bracelet from my aunt. And then my bridesmaids bought me beautiful earings to match for a shower gift.
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love everyone's pretties!

I'm wearing a pearl bracelet that I'm borrowing from my mom, it's a 3 strand bracelet kind of like this but with gold accents:

And some chandelier earrings kind of like this but a little bit daintier:

And then I have a pave diamond and pearl pendant that I am (probably) going to wear to tie the earrings and bracelet together (I can't find a decent picture of it though).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    :( I haven't found anything yet, except a bracelet. And I might not even wear it! I have to get shopping, and soon! I will post pictures when I finally get around to actually buying something.
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    I made mine because I couldn't find anything I liked. The blue flower belongs to FI grandmother and will be pinned on the handle of my bouquet.

• Options
    rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Awesome choices, ladies! Major kudos to Starbrite for making it yourself. I could, but don't have the patience. 
  • Options
    I'm wearing the pearl earring and necklace set fi bought me for Christmas this year. I absolutely love them. Pics are in my bio, don't know how to post on a thread.
  • Options
    All these are all so great!!! My dress is pretty embellished, so I'm going with understated jewerly. My mom is letting me wear a simple add-a-pearl necklace that my Grandpa gave my grandmother (who has since passed) the day he married her, 56 years ago! It is more sentimental than anything, but I'm so glad I get to wear it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Show Me Your...Wedding Jewelry!:[QUOTE]All these are all so great!!! My dress is pretty embellished, so I'm going with understated jewerly. My mom is letting me wear a simple addapearl necklace that my Grandpa gave my grandmother who has since passed the day he married her, 56 years ago! It is more sentimental than anything, but I'm so glad I get to wear it! Posted by mmy101[/QUOTE]
    That's wonderful! Seems like a trend on here. Many are wearing family heirlooms or items their FI got them.
    My dress is pretty embellished also, especially in the bodice, but I don't care!
  • Options

Since my dress is halter top I don't need a necklace...
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Show Me Your...Wedding Jewelry!:[QUOTE]Since my dress is halter top I don't need a necklace... Posted by inhisname2010[/QUOTE]

Cool earrings! Very art deco, or is it art nouveau? I always mix them up.
  • Options
    N04SET

Bridal Bracelet, Rhinestone Pearl Wedding Bracelet. White Pearl Bracelet for the Bride. Bridesmaid Bracelet. Wedding Jewellery
    180image 113image 67imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I actually bought mine today, at Wal-Mart of all places. I wanted something fairly simple but cheap because we're definitely already a little over budget as it is. I was in the store and figured I'd check out the jewelry section just to see if there was anything I liked, and sure enough there was a dainty necklace/earring set that was perfect for what I was going for. It sparkles like crazy and cost me $10. SCORE!
  • Options
    @dawle77 i am IN LOVE with your necklace!! gah now i'm rethinking mine!!

My stuff--everything is pretty self explanatory. The brooch at the end though I'm putting on my bouquet for all the pics pre-reception, and then when they bustle my dress I'm doing a side sling bustle so i'll put the brooch where my dress bustles on the side of my leg! it'll look good... i promise!

We're married! And we're ready to sell! http://nauticalwedding.weebly.com/index.html
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @kmac I love it all! Especially the hair comb and brooch. I kind of understand what you're talking about. I'm sure it will look beautiful!

@xos0inlove Awesome deal! See, you just have to keep your eyes & mind open. You never know!
  • Options
    http://img3.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.256100863.jpg

http://img1.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.255741589.jpg

I'm still looking for an ivory pearl necklace and earrings.  I bought earrings from Swarovski but it didn't match the same color as the pearls on the bracelet.
  • Options
    April 2012 Feb. Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon: Excellence, Dominican Republic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good call!!

I'm looking for a bracelet, but my FI's family owes jewelry stores.

I'm borrowing these GORGEOUS long diamond earrings -- I don't think I've worn as much real diamonds in my life!!! EEK super excited!

And looking for just a bracelet since the earrings are already a lot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards