Canada-Ontario

venue

I live half an hour north of the toronto, but am looking for an interesting venue to hold our reception/potentially get married there as well. I am thinking rustic or barn-like, country or outdoor. I think there will be about 100-120 people, but places I have looked at have really small dance floors for smaller groups. I would be willing to travel a bit, but am trying to keep cost per person low. $100 a person is a max for sure.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Re: venue

• edited December 2011
    Hmm.. Todmorden Mills is probably too small for your needs, which is a shame since it's a unique venue (old paper mill).  Is Niagara too far?  Inn on the Twenty has the option to marry in the associated vineyard and there's a barn area as a backup for weddings - maybe it can be rented for receptions?  Not sure.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Berkely Church/Field House - cute rustic feel.  Never been to an event there, however I've seen the space and it looks like you can have a fantastic wedding there.
  • Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_venue-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:80eafb82-7ab4-48ab-827d-99235a533a6cPost:8f7923d7-ec3c-43ea-b40a-0c5c1b5c6c05">Re: venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out the Berkely Church/Field House - cute rustic feel.  Never been to an event there, however I've seen the space and it looks like you can have a fantastic wedding there.
    Posted by j425[/QUOTE]

I can tell you from having gone there - the place is beautiful!  But it'll cost more than $100/head - and that's without alcohol.  You have to provide the alcohol yourself.

ETA: Bringing your own alcohol does save you money - but you have to rent the glassware, dishware, cutlery, and linens, plus pay for the chef, sous chefs and waitstaff. 
  • KewiiKewii member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might also want to check out Country Heritage Park.  It's in Milton...(I'm not very good with directions so I have no idea how far that would be for you).

It's a big barn with lots of space and a lot of cool places to take pictures.  I really wanted to get married there, but it just wouldn't work for us. :(

The staff were super friendly.  We just showed up one day and they had no problem showing us around (they even let us in for free!)

The website shows you almost nothing, but if you google wedding pictures for it, you can get a good idea of what it's like :)
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's The Doctor's House in Kleinberg. They have a cute little chapel you can get married in (it's quite small though, and does get hot in the summer) and there's lots of trees and gardens. Certainly has a country feel.

http://www.thedoctorshouse.ca/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards