Christian Weddings
Options

Prayer Requests - July

The prayer thread has been pretty slow lately so I thought I'd create a monthly post.  Any prayer requests?

Re: Prayer Requests - July

• Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a prayer request. I found out today that my manager got a new position with our company.  He said that he will be hiring someone in his new department and if I applied for and got it, it would be a promotion for me.  I plan to discuss it with him tomorrow to find out what the position will do.  He also said that the department is a fairly new department which will grow.  That's also a good thing.

The concern would be that other people who work with me have a really difficult time working for him.  I haven't been on a project with him in a few years so I'm not sure if I would deal with the same issues that they do.  

Please pray for me that I will follow God's will in this situation and that I will know what that is.  Thanks!
  • Options
    Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I need prayer. When I start thinking about FI job, school, or wedding planning I start feeling like I'm going to have a panic attack. I don't know what's wrong with me because this has never happened before.
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    Ongoing: job situation. I took what hours my old job (library, not relevant to degree, etc) could give me and went from 40-50 hours a week to 20 tops. I'm hard scheduled for 12 and have a guarantee of at least 2 (and only up to 8) that will be floating (replacements, subbing, etc). Prayers that I could stop feeling so useless and worthless and stop blaming myself would be much appreciated. <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Prayer: Job situation / interviewing, hopefully an open door will present itself soon.

Prayer: Just found out that my great-grandmother will not be able to attend the wedding.  She lives in assisted living but she's scared to death about falling and breaking her hip - when her mother reached 97, she fell and broke her hip and never recovered.  My GGMA is now 97.  

Prayer: FI's grandmother may not be able to attend either (her health issues are complicating things for her and she won't follow doctor's orders). 

Praise: The Minister of Music at my church is going to be on vacation this Sunday and asked me to step in his place for the traditional worship services / lead the hymn, the choir, etc. I'm excited but nervous too, even though I teach music on a daily basis!! 

Praise: Stuff for the wedding is coming together, little by little.  We still have some things to do but we're right on track.  :-D 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Prayer: FI's job situation. He needs a new, better paying one!

Prayer: Please pray for my friend who was killed in a motorcycle accident. He leaves behind a wife of not even a year, a one month old baby, family, and friends.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Prayer: A friend's brother is in the hospital and in ICU. They found him unconscious not breathing yesterday. he aspirated a large amount of stomach fluid into his lungs, and now has a severe case of aspiration pneumonia. hes on a ventilator, cant breathe on his own, and is fully sedated for the next few days for his lungs to try to heal, but sedated to keep him comfortable. hes in critical care but stable

Prayer: My only real close friend up and moved away over night. I knew she was moving sometime this summer but the relationship she has been in has been getting worse and worse and I fear it got abusive in the end. I am hurt I didn't get the chance to say good-bye and hurt that I now no longer have a close girl friend near me. Undecided

Prayer: Please continue to pray for my brother who is deployed. When I talked to him yesterday, he was quiet, stressed sounding. He said he couldn't talk about it and I can't help but think the worst.

Praise: I talked to my manager at my PT job and she said she would be willing to schedule me for the evening shift so now I can start attending church more often.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    prayer: 
    My FI got a call from an old pastor (from when he was in ministry school last year) and said that he wanted to talk to him about my FI and i getting involved in a church he is going to pastor in Southern California. 
    PLEASE PLEASE pray that the doors will open for this. it would be soo perfect for us! My FI loves to help out young men and he would be able to do that there. just pray that the doors will open for jobs and for places to live. I don't know how soon it will be (my FI said.. maybe in 6 months). But please continue to pray for this. He is supposed to talk to the pastor soon and i will keep you all updated. TIA
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Just got a text from one of my bridesmaids that her brother (he's 29) is headed to ICU right now with breathing problems. 

She said: "He's intubated and heavily sedated and they don't have a lot of answers, but they used the term 'respiratory failure.'  They said it could be days or weeks before he can come off the vent."

Her brother is significanlty obese and she and her family have become increasingly worried about his health the last few years.  His name is Jason if you prefer to pray for people by name.
  • Options
    ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in a really bad spot again.  Things had gotten better by the end of last week, but I feel like it was one step forward and 100 steps back.   No motivation to do the ironing, unload the dishwasher, etc.  I have zero emotional support here.  I've stopped eating.  I've missed doses of multiple medications.  I doubt that it's ever going to get better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Please pray for FI, his parents ,myself and my daughter.

FI and I are having issues right now, and are trying to work through them.....

His parents have major (and justifiable) reservations about me. We're going to talk with them soon, but I'm still scared of his Mom and afraid that I'll never be "good enough" to marry her son. Prayers are desired.

My daughter is having issues of her own. I would request prayers for peace for her.

"Who died and made you Dagon?" - stackeye210 I'm supposed to be falling for myself...and not falling for just any guy out there in the world.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    letyourselfgo - I'll be praying for you all.  How old is your daughter?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She'll be 4 in September.
    "Who died and made you Dagon?" - stackeye210 I'm supposed to be falling for myself...and not falling for just any guy out there in the world.....
  • Options
    hanson2Bhanson2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where do I even begin?  My Dad passed away in April from lung cancer.  As if that wasn't difficult enough, my Mom also has lung cancer that has now spread throughout her body.  I've been super stressed out caring for her and have barely gotten any wedding stuff done in the past couple months.  Tomorrow, she is going into the nursing home.  She's only 61 years old and my dad was just 65.  The doctor said my mom probably has two or three weeks left.  My wedding is four weeks away.  I can't even believe all this is happening... please pray for some kind of miracle that will get my Mom to my wedding, and just pray for my family and all the stresses please!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Praise- My friend's brother is off the vent!!  They're still not totally sure what happened, though.  And now he's having blood pressure issues.  They think most or all of it could be due to the stress of being in the hospital and being awake but not able to effectively communicate this Wednesday through yesterday, but they want it under control before they'll let him leave the hospital.  I don't know if they've moved him out of ICU since he was extubated.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hanson - I'm so sorry to hear about what you are going through.  I can't even imagine.  I will be praying for you and your family.   **hugs**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hanson, I can't even imagine what you are going though. I will be praying for you and for peace through this tough time.

Praise: I found out last week that I am getting a small raise at work. I am so thankful for this blessing! 

Also, my sister in-law is starting to have small contractions/cramps so we think my niece will be here soon! Pray for a smooth and safe delivery for the mumma and baby.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Praying for everyone!!

Please pray for my grandma - Alzheimer's is tough and some days it's definitely worse than others.  Thank you ladies!!
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    C&P from Facebook group:

FFIL is in the hospital. He was having back spasms and pain so bad he could hardly move. FMIL called 911. FFIL was admitted. They still haven't stabilized his pain, and he hasn't been able to get up out of bed. They can't do any scans to figure out what's wrong with him until his pain stabilizes. I'm starting to worry...worry that he will need surgery, worry that he won't be able to come to the wedding, worry that it's a serious problem and he's never going to be the same. :( Not what we needed two weeks before the wedding...or ever.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just had to put my car in the shop this morning.  If everyone could pray for quick and easy repairs that don't cost a fortune and that my car doesn't start having problems again anytime soon (or ever), that would be greatly appreciated.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will pray for you girls!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH's uncle is having surgery on Friday and the Dr. thinks he has colon cancer.  Please pray that the Dr. is wrong and that when they go in, they are able to repair what's been bothering him.  TIA!
  • Options
    KellyS01KellyS01 member
    edited December 2011
    I have been having bouts with anxiety recently that I have never experienced before.  It stems from a situation that I allowed to get blown WAY out of proportion and control me for a week or so and I know that.  I am now over the situation, but the anxiety still rears it's ugly head about once a day or so.  I've been praying like crazy about it and say a prayer each time I have anxiety.  Unfortunately, I think only time will make it go away, but in the meantime I am struggling.  Please pray that it goes away quickly.  I've never dealt with something like this and am probably not dealing all that well :)  Thanks, ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lisa, I will be praying for DH's uncle. Hope the doctor is wrong. 

Kelly, I am sorry to hear about the anxiety issue. Hopefully it will go away quickly. I will be praying for you.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My summer job has ended and now I need another job and an apartment to boot... My FI and I found a great apartment but it can take up to two weeks to get approved it would be such a great place espeically because I will be there by myself for 7 and 3 days... lol... so please prayers for that its in a 80/20 55 and older community so 80% 55 and older and 20% 55 and younger which just makes me feel safer about living on my own...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH's uncle's tumor was cancerous but they believe that they got it all.  He'll start chemo in a few weeks just to be sure he is rid of it.  Thank you for your prayers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards