California-Napa

Looking for a place to propose to in Napa at a winery, any suggestions?

Hello,My brother is planning on going to Napa to propose to his girlfriend.  He is from Jersey so it is a little hard for him to do the research other then internet.  I am trying my best to help him but it is also hard for me since I live in Florida.  So I was hoping I might get some help on here.  He has been looking at wineries and has been talking to places in Napa to set up some kind of private tour at a winery with a nice pinic, wine and a beautiful view to propose at.  Does anyone know of a place that has this, or maybe if anyone has been proposed to at a winery or knows someone who has proposed to at a winery or can give any kind of suggestions.  Any suggestions would be wonderful.Thanks so much for all your help,Erin

Re: Looking for a place to propose to in Napa at a winery, any suggestions?

• dwprodwpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Castello di Amorosa Beaulieu Vineyards Auberge Du Soleil BR Cohn Stags Leap Sterling-they have a gondola that takes you up approx 300 feet above the Napa Valley. Gorgeous views! Rubicon Estate   Good Luck and happy planning!  
  • britney613britney613 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Quintessa is beautiful. You can go on a private tour. It overlooks vineyards and a lake. The wine is also amazing. It was very romantic when my husband and I went there on our honeymoon. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Castello di Amorosa, Ledson Winery, and Viansa winery would be my picks :) Congrats!!
  • edited December 2011
    All of dw's suggestions are really good!     
  • edited December 2011
    Larkmead winery is my favorite.  Has a small private garden and it is just beautiful.  Collin is the manager out there (not sure of his exact title) but my FI and I LOVE the atmosphere of this place.  It is a private winery.  Here is the website with some information on it: http://www.larkmead.com/ The contact information is on the page.  The tasting room has a beautiful fireplace and some very cozy nice chairs.  Good luck to him!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If she likes champagne Schramberg.....my fiance proposed to me at The Carneros Inn......little cottages that are SO worth it!!!  Fire place and all. =)
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance proposed at Mumm Napa. It was awesomebecause he got the staff to help him set it up. My suggestion is to get the staff to help, its fun when they are all in on it. Also, Chandon is an amazingly beautiful place to get engaged.
    Mrs Marino
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards