California-Bay Area

look in for plus size dress

Does anyone know abay area place that has plus size dresses in store to try on thats not david's bridal. i'm a size 26 and this is gettin a little frustrating. Nor can i Find any pictures of curvy african americans in dresses. any way just needed to vent. help if u can ty.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: look in for plus size dress

• IDoVenuesIDoVenues member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Pricilla of Boston-

I love Pricilla of Boston- they have a store in San Francisco, you can also find their dresses at Bella Bridesmaids in SF or Los Gatos-Having a fabulous fanny myself – I can understand the struggle-  cal them and make an appointment that is the Key- tell them your size, challenges etc- 

I also love the fact that at their Salons’ they are very helpful to point you in the direction of dresses that will be accentuate your figures  

Good Luck-  if you need any more advice- you can shout out to us at WWW.IDoVenues.com

Priscilla of Boston (San Francisco)
    170 Grant Avenue
    San Francisco, CA 94108
    Request an Appointment

Bella Bridesmaid
    2250 Union Street #1B
    San Francisco, California 94123
    Gloria @ I Do Venues
  • sweet guppysweet guppy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Trudy's in Campbell. I bought my size 22 dress right off the rack! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Trudy's is the best spot for sure!  They are pricey but they have a huge selection.  You can always try on the dress there and buy it online.

If you wanna see a African American in dresses check out Mori Lee's Julietta collection. (Julietta is their plus size line.)  The model is plus size and AA and she looks stunning.  My dress is 3078 and I tried it on at Trudy's.  I watch Say yes to the dress and I see those brides crying.  I thought I wouldn't cry but I sure did.  In all the hunting for dresses when I tried on that dress for the first time I felt like a bride instead of a fat bride. 

http://www.morilee.com/bridals/julietta

Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011

I got mine at Trudys too :) Size 28 and it fits great!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards