Missouri-St Louis
Options

Coming to a Wedding in June, looking for fun things to do!

Hi locals,

My FI and I are going to a wedding in St Louis in mid-June.  Since we're not taking a honeymoon, we thought we'd try and have a nice dinner and do something fun the day after the wedding.  Any ideas for us?

Thanks!
imageimageAnniversary

Re: Coming to a Wedding in June, looking for fun things to do!

• Options
    Meagan0528Meagan0528 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are lots of fun places/things to do in St. Louis but it kind of depends on what type of thing you are looking for.  Tell me a little bit about you guys...are you looking for?  Live music, dancing, good place to see a movie, etc.  What do you like?

My favorite "nicer"  resturant in St. Louis is 1111 Mississippi.  We were just there on Saturday night and had a great time.  They have awesome food, and a beautiful patio.  Vin de Set also has a great patio (it's rooftop). 

If you are looking for something a little more casual, (my fiancee loves microbreweries), check out Square One Brewery or The Stable...I prefer Square One to the Stable but I know other people who would say the opposite.   There is also an amazing pizza place in the Loop (http://www.ucityloop.com/) called Pi.  Supposedly President Obama has it flown into the White House....I'm not sure if that's true but I can vouch for the pizza.  It's good. :)
    Josh + Meagan 06.12.10/Baby J 11.8.12
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Lilypie First Birthday tickers PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, that all sounds great! 

We're foodies so we'll definitely check out some of those resturants, we also love checking out the local parks and zoos when we travel, just getting outside and walking around. 
    imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    Meagan0528Meagan0528 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Forest Park is great for that...there is tons to do there.  I hope you guys have fun! :)
    Josh + Meagan 06.12.10/Baby J 11.8.12
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Lilypie First Birthday tickers PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

I definitely recommend St Louis Zoo which is in Forest Park and it's admission is free!
    Missouri Botanical Gardens off of Kingshighway ( not far from the zoo) is wonderful as well and has the most beautiful gardens to walk around and enjoy! It does have an admission fee but is very resonable if I remember correctly.

My finace and I LOVE wineries! You are not far from some when you visit STL; there is one called Antonia Villa which has an excellent lunch and beautiful scenery. It is located in Hillsboro off of 55 South. Further, my finance and I are getting married in Washington, MO which is about 10 mins from Six Flags in St Louis and there is a great winery called Blumenhof Winery and we love ALL of their wines (which doesn't happen EVER!).

Hope this helps and that you enjoy your stay in STL!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards