Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Flower Girl Dresses...

So why am I having the hardest time deciding on my flower girl dresses?! Like, seriously I didn't think it was going to be this hard. Maybe I'm trying to be to matching matching! So please, I need a little insight from brides. Do I suppose to coordinate their dresses with mine or the bridesmaids or neither? (Material wise and colors)
Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flower Girl Dresses...

• Options
    I think it's really a matter of what you want.  I know that most FG dresses I've ever seen were white with some hint of the BM dress colors, or just all white.  I've never once noticed if the material matched the bride's dress.
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_flower-girl-dresses-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:46f3d32b-d394-4f05-919c-1d1f20bbf78cPost:e602fc7f-c284-4eae-b897-21d1f49f61d5">Re: Flower Girl Dresses...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's really a matter of what you want.  I know that most FG dresses I've ever seen were white with some hint of the BM dress colors, or just all white.  I've never once noticed if the material matched the bride's dress.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

And you know that's what I'm thinking! I'm wearing ivory, so I was thinking to get the girls an all ivory dress with one color of the BM dress for a sash or bow and one the other. Now the problem has been looking for inexpensive dresses....geesh I don't want to spend so much for a dress that they will probably roll around in the grass in. LOL.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_flower-girl-dresses-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:46f3d32b-d394-4f05-919c-1d1f20bbf78cPost:a7eb63e9-3521-4e0c-8a78-3c023d2d75a6">Re: Flower Girl Dresses...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flower Girl Dresses... : And you know that's what I'm thinking! I'm wearing ivory, so I was thinking to get the girls an all ivory dress with one color of the BM dress for a sash or bow and one the other. Now the problem has been looking for inexpensive dresses....geesh I don't want to spend so much for a dress that they will probably roll around in the grass in. LOL.
    Posted by Price4life[/QUOTE]

Check places other than bridal stores. Department stores tend to have dresses that are just as nice for much lower costs. I actually found my FG's dress on amazon. It turned out to be a similar material to the BM dresses (although I didn't really plan it that way) and was ivory, like mine.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_flower-girl-dresses-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:46f3d32b-d394-4f05-919c-1d1f20bbf78cPost:d0632322-28d6-42c5-8a92-201a36619d96">Re: Flower Girl Dresses...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flower Girl Dresses... : Check places other than bridal stores. Department stores tend to have dresses that are just as nice for much lower costs. I actually found my FG's dress on amazon. It turned out to be a similar material to the BM dresses (although I didn't really plan it that way) and was ivory, like mine.
    Posted by ejheart[/QUOTE]

Amazon!!!! Really? I will go check it out now.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_flower-girl-dresses-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:46f3d32b-d394-4f05-919c-1d1f20bbf78cPost:d0632322-28d6-42c5-8a92-201a36619d96">Re: Flower Girl Dresses...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flower Girl Dresses... : Check places other than bridal stores. Department stores tend to have dresses that are just as nice for much lower costs. I actually found my FG's dress on amazon. It turned out to be a similar material to the BM dresses (although I didn't really plan it that way) and was ivory, like mine.
    Posted by ejheart[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, department stores usually have cute stuff you can use, too.  Especially with Easter right around the corner.</div>
    Anniversary

• Options
    I was going to suggest checking now with it being easter all the easter dresses are out. Also kids boutique store like janie and jack. We ordered ours from Pinkprincess.com.
  • Options
    I got my fg dresses at Macy's.  They are ivory with pink flowers at the waist and perfect for our feel.  They were about $50 with tax.
  • Options
    btw... i saw some cute white & ivory dresses at Burlington too.
  • Options
    Check Target- as professor said- especially with Easter so close. I think we ended up spending 13$ on the flower girl dress? It was this cute long ivory poofy dress and she looked adorable! 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!! I found some really cute ones amazon!!!!! But my wedding coordinator suggested I check out Sam Moon. So before I order online I'm checking out that on Saturday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards