March 2013 Weddings

Rehearsal dinner

Are you sending separate invitations to the rehearsal dinner and are you giving any gifts besides the bridal party gifts at the rehearsal dinner?  I can't decide if we should give our parents gifts the night before or the morning of the wedding.

Re: Rehearsal dinner

• I'm doing separate invites for the rehearsal. I had my coworker who does graphics design the invite (for free.. score!) and I had them printed with Vistaprint, so they weren't too much of an extra cost.

I'm going to give the BM and flower girl gifts the night before the wedding, and give my parents and FI's gifts on the day of. FI already knows what it is because I got him a golf iron set which he needed to pick out on his own, so he may actually just get something small with a card on the day of that way we don't have to travel both ways with the golf clubs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not sure yet about all of that. We have a general plan for the rehearsal - it will be at my aunt and uncle's apartment building (they have a party room that works perfectly) and we're just doing a sort of pot luck (mom and aunt will probably do most of the food but if anyone else wants to bring something they are welcome too. We may also just do pizza or something simple like that!). Our WP is laid back enough that we may be able to get away with a (private) FB event or something. We'll see what we think is best once it gets a little closer.

As for gifts, I have no idea lol. I don't think FI and I will get each other gifts, or if we do, they will be something small. We already didn't get big gifts for each other for Christmas because we decided we'd rather just spend that money on the wedding. I'm thinking of getting my parents a gift certificate to a B&B or something like that but we haven't talked about it in detail. We've looked at some things for our WP but no decisions on that yet. I'm thinking we might do those gifts at least that night because we will have everyone together. Otherwise I don't know! Haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • The FI and I arent going to do anything for each other for gifts. Unless like mentioned earlier they are just some small (inexpensive) token. Night of rehearsal thinking of doing all the gifts..meaning groomsmen, BM's, and parents of both. Just get it out of the way and one less thing to worry about or forget lol the day of!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards