Catholic Weddings
Options

Officiant gift

How much did you tip your officiant? I can't figure out an amount.

Thank you!

Re: Officiant gift

• Options
    doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't remember for sure, but I think we gave him $75 plus a hand-embroidered stole from a village in El Salvador I spent time in back in high school (I'm still close with that teacher, so she grabbed it on their trip this past year).
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

We asked our wedding coordinator and the parish secretary what they recommended!  They usually know the parish clergy pretty well and what is typically given to them by brides and grooms.

They both said that our priest and deacon personally preferred donations in their honor rather than monetary gifts.... so for our priest, we donated $75 in his honor to a local order of sisters that he is close with that serves the elderly poor and a $25 gift card to a pizza place near church that he likes.  For our deacon, we donated $75 to the parish pastoral care "Caritas" fund (used to help anyone that comes to them for financial assistance) and $25 gift card to a restaurant for him and his wife to use.  We also requested Mass intentions to be said in their honor at my parents' home parish!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We gave $150 which was what was recommended.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We gave a gift card to each of our officiants and a donation in their honor to their favorite charities.  I don't know what my pastor did with his gift card, but H's uncle used it to buy more stuff for his charity.  That guy is a saint.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The church we are getting married at has a "required" gift of $250.
    Visit The Nest! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours has a required donation, too. I think about $200-$250. But I think we'll get them a personal gift as well, about $25 each.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we are going to give my uncle booze =) He really enjoys scotch so we are going to get him a nice bottle of scotch and also a nice picture of us with him on the wedding day.  He has married almost all of my cousins and he keeps all the pictures up in his office! We also might give him a GC.
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards