Louisiana-New Orleans

The Moms: Corsage or Nosegay?

I wasn't aware that a new trend has started of giving the MOB & MOG nosegays instead of corsages.  Both of the moms in this case have dresses that I woulldn't want to use a pin on corsage for.  So, they'd have to do the wrist corsages.  My question is whether you've seen, or yourself used, the nosegays for mothers instead of wrist corsages.  Thanks!

Re: The Moms: Corsage or Nosegay?

• egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    Yes, the nosegays are becoming very popular.  My mom and FMIL preferred the traditional corsage, so we're going with that, but I have seen them done and they looked nice.
  • I used a traditional corsage.  I didn't know that the nosegays were a trend.
  • RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Most of the northeast weddings I've been to (quite a few in the past 6 years), the mothers have worn nosegays.  Our mothers, however, wore traditional corsages.  It looked good on my mother but I thought it interfered with the look of my MIL's dress.  I think either is fine.
  • I did nosegays. 

My mom thinks corsages are too "old lady" and originally said she didn't want one so my MIL followed suit, so I surprised them with nosegays at the ceremony.
  • For those who used nosegays, did they carry them? I thought nosegays were small bouquets?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes. Nosegays are small bouquets. My florist did a few roses tied with ribbon for our mom's to carry.

• Oh that looks really nice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did some recon over the weekend at a wedding my fiance stood in - the MOG had a nosegay!  It was cute.  One of the things that has me thinking twice about is is because we have a spot in the ceremony where we present the mothers with flowers -- then they'll have the nosegays and the flowers from the ceremony.

Hmmm.  Lots to think about!
  • We gave our Moms flowers too in addition to the nosegays. It was fine. They just held them together. I would suggest asking your Moms to see which they'd prefer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards