Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Unity Sand

For my ceremony, my fiance and i have decided to go with unity sand rather than candles. Can anyone give me some ideas on how to include the mothers with the sand since there aren't candles for them to light?

Re: Unity Sand

• I've never heard of mothers being involved in unity sand.   But I suppose that when they enter, they can bring up jars/vases of colored sand to leave at the front.  Then when you do the sand ceremony, you pour from these vases into whatever the sand is going to end up in.

There's no one right way to do a lot of these things.  Your officiant might have some suggestions as to what he/she has seen work well in the past.  Otherwise you can make up whatever you want and works for your situation.
    DSC_9275
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_unity-sand-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:44d72f4c-a5f5-4508-a679-d6e5f837b2acPost:a4422d6a-98e2-4da1-b204-82ad7ca8fea3">Re: Unity Sand</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never heard of mothers being involved in unity sand.   But I suppose that when they enter, they can bring up jars/vases of colored sand to leave at the front.  Then when you do the sand ceremony, you pour from these vases into whatever the sand is going to end up in. There's no one right way to do a lot of these things.  Your officiant might have some suggestions as to what he/she has seen work well in the past.  Otherwise you can make up whatever you want and works for your situation.
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.

OP, I didn't do a unity ceremony, but if I did, I would bet my mom would've felt pretty silly carrying a vase of sand and setting it on a table. I guess only you know your moms and if they would feel passionate about doing this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards