May 2012 Weddings
Options

thank-you notes

I am starting the lengthy task of finishing our TY notes for all the gifts we received the day of and after (I was up-to-date on everything we got before). 
Are you planning/did you send TY notes to people that came that didn't bring a gift or card?  I had planned on it because I was truly appreciative that people came (especially those from OOT) but I read somewhere that it seems like you are trying to get a gift and pointing out that they didn't bring you anything. 
What are your plans/thoughts?

Re: thank-you notes

• Options
    I'm not writing thank yous to people who didn't bring a gift or card....honestly, I wouldn't even know who to send stuff to.  This probably is going to sound bad, but if they aren't up on "tradition" enough to bring a gift/card to the wedding, they probably aren't going to be the kind of people to care that they didn't receive a thank-you for attending.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    One of my childhood friends came in from CA to MA and she didn't bring a gift or money, but she wrote a very heartfelt card. I will definitely be sending you a TY for not only making the long trip but for her sweet card.

I am not sure about sending TYs to OOT guests that traveled that did not bring a gift... on one hand I can see sending one to thank your guests for coming, but it is kind of like saying "hey thanks for coming to our wedding and NOT giving us a gift."

But I agree with PP (although it sounds bad... I would never show up to a wedding empty handed, if I couldn't afford to give money or buy a gift I would at least give a card with a sweet note) those who showed up empty handed will probably not appreciate a TY card anyways.

I was going to wait a month after the wedding to start ours... meaning I have about a week left before I start writing ours...
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm planning to send Thank You's to people who didn't bring a gift or a card. Our cards have "Thank You for Sharing Our Special Day" written on them, and that's really what we're grateful for is that these people even came (especially since it was a Tuesday afternoon). I enjoyed seeing them and I want them to know that. Plus, we'll be sending pics of the guests in the cards, and info on where they can get the ceremony pics (since we had an unplugged ceremony).

For the people who just gave a card, I will be thanking them specifically for the card. For the non-givers, I don't think it seems like you're trying to get a gift or point out that they didn't give a gift by sending a Thank You card, as long as you don't mention anything about a gift in it. At the very least, it's worth thanking the OOT guests for making the trip. Everyone else may not care either way.
  • Options

I’m sending cards to people who gave us a card, a gift, or participated in our day.  I’m not going to send a card to people who didn’t bring a card.  I agree with Aurora that they probably won’t care.

I’m about half way done…but the list keeps growing as we are still getting gifts/cards in the mail every day. 

• Options
    I agree with PP, I would send cards to people who brought/gave something that day.  One of my very best friends came to my shower and didn't bring a gift (kept my mouth shut), then came to the wedding with her bf and didn't even give a card (still keeping mum).  She will NOT be getting a thank you, even though she traveled for the wedding.  To me, coming to my wedding is your choice, plenty of people declined.  If you are going to go to a wedding, at least splurge on a 99 cent card.  If someone isn't that proper, than I can't be held responsible for not sending you a TY note.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards