Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Favors for ahr? Help

hey ladies,

So we buckled down and began working on our ahr... we are truly trying to keep it low key but there are some standard rules we feel like we have to follow.

My current project... Favors? We should give them right? After all it is a party!
Here is where the help comes in! What do we get? The party is January, no real theme, but it needs to be useful and not expensive. I'm completely against chatchkies (however that's spelled lol)

Please give us ideas!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Favors for ahr? Help

• Options
    TerriHuggTerriHugg member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2012
     A lot of people like edible gifts. I think they are always well-recieved.

I think a cute idea would be to give out lottery tickets. Just don't get mad if someone wins from them... lol

Or give them a mason jar filled with marshmellows, and chocale chips for smores or some other ingredients for a recipe. 

Another option could be a scented candle. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks Terri, I'm def leaning towards edible. I found an "easy" recipe for cake pops I'm thinking of trying though I'm not sure I want the hassle of having to make so many... I really like the ideas you gave as well... Hmmm I've got a lot of thinking to do! You ladies don't think I have to follow the same theme and colors we did in Jamaica right? With the style of the room and the winter season I feel like keeping the fuchsia/orange beach theme would be ridiculous in January in NY... What do you think?
  • Options
    We are planning our AHR for the weekend after our wedding - but they are completely different.  Our wedding in in the Bahamas and our AHR has a rustic theme to it.  I don't think they need to match!  Of course, they can if you want them to! 

I've seen alot of different recipes that can be put into mason jars - although, we are using mason jars for our AHR decorations and drinking glasses, and I've found that they are NOT cheap when trying to buy so many of them.  For favors, we are doing koozies.  I know its not edible, but they are very "us" and and our friends will love them. 
  • Options
    We did favors for your AHR. Hawaiian shortbread and macadmia nut kisses. Both things from Hawaii. Our guests loved them and they were super easy for us. Win Win! 
  • Options
    I agree, that the theme/colors, etc don't need to match, but I do like Kimmy's suggestion of tying in a Jamaican element for the favors. I always like koozies, because we can never have too many of them, but not everyone feels that way- that's a "know your guests" kind of thing. I think you can never go wrong with edible though. Maybe you can find a Jamaican treat, or something. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies... I'm thinking of doing individually wrapped hot chocolate mix in a mug (I can make and present it pretty) since it will be a cold january... Maybe if I can find it cheap enough I can get little bottles of the rum cream to place in the mug... Jamaica had an amazing rum cream!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards