Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Making this table cover?

Hi ladies! So i am IN LOVE with this table cover. Anyone have ANY idea how i would make this? Or id be willing to rent it from somewhere..but i have no idea if anyone would have anything like this.. Im pretty crafty person.. any ideas??  * ALSO love the chair covers too!*

Re: Making this table cover?

• edited December 2011
    This looks to be 2 pieces. The table cover and the leg embellishment.

For the cover, It is just a table cloth gathered at the legs. I would get the cloth to be double the length and width desired, then pull the fabric at the bottom of the leg to the top of the leg and gather as you bring it up. You would probably want to gather a little bit, secure it, gather a little more, secure, etc. I would us simple zip ties, or sew as you go.

OR, you could make the table cloth into 2 pieces. One is a fitted table cloth (sew elastic around the edges so it fits the table like a bed sheet), then do the batting seperately ( you would just need to drap the fabric and secure).

For the leg embelishment here's what I would do:

This will use 3 peices of fabric. They will be layered one on top of each other,

- The back peice should be double the length of the leg  and approx 2 ft wide. The other peices should be propotionatly smaller for each piece (i.e. each peice should be 6 inches smaller length and width than the last)

Then for each piece finsh the edges nicely (hem, serge or zigzag stitch) then do a running stitch down the middle and bunch the fabric (this will create the ruffle).

Now you have 3 seperate pieces. Lay them one on top of each other (biggest one on the bottom) and attach to a circular piece of elastic.

Slide elastic up the leg of the table and secure.

WAHLAH!

You could do the same leg embellishments for the chair covers and instead of using elastic to attach just pin, sew, or velcro in place.

WAHLAH!
  • FutureMrsS13FutureMrsS13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you.. im gunna def try this out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards