Ohio-Columbus

Holy cow!

Watching TLC... a commercial came on for "Say Yes to the Dress" and this Mom (I assume) said the dress budget was $100,000!!! What?! They showed a glimpse of a dress and it was ugly... seriously, who spends that much on a dress? We are trying to do our ENTIRE wedding for $10,000 and I thought that was expensive!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Holy cow!

• edited December 2011
    I know! People are crazy. A couple girls at work were talking about weddings and one girl said her cousin's parents spent 80,000 dollars on her cousin's wedding. Outlandish! I wish I had disposable income so I could do EVERYTHING I wanted but, like you, our budget is 10,000, and ideally I'd like to come in under that. It's ONE day, people. Save that money for a down payment on a nice house!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How do you even come up with a $100,000? I mean if you don't have a budget, you can get a really beautiful gown from the best designers for $20K, tops (which is also crazy to me because my whole wedding will cost less than that).

It is just wild that there are people out there with that much money to spend and they're that ostentatious to actually do it. I guarantee you would never find Warren Buffett buying his daughter a $100K wedding gown.
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • edited December 2011
    Ugh, no kidding! It's ONE day... sure, it's definitely a big day but some people go WAY overboard. I hate watching that show when the brides are just complete snots and whine and complain that the $5000.00 dress isn't "sparkly" enough.
    @ hanson, I totally agree about the house thing! FI and I want to get a home soon after the wedding and it's killing me to spend all this money on the wedding LOL

I also just watched "Four Weddings" and this one girl went way over the top. She ended up winning the honeymoon... I was so mad because she obviously spent a TON on the wedding so probably could afford a nice honeymoon. It should've gone to one of the girls who wasn't able to have a super nice wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    People are crazy.  People on reality TV shows are (for the most part) unbelievably crazy.  But I'm glad they're there for our entertainment.  :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I saw that too, and I was like that dress better have real diamonds on it and a lot of them!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards