Florida-South Florida
Options

REVIEWS!!!!!!

Ladies I am back with my reviews! I am so incredibly happy, it feels great to be finally married : )

Thank you for all your recommendations and help, this board has been a real inspiration to me!!! : )

A few pictures from the wedding: http://alexisalemanphotography.com/Galleries/NancyShadWedding/index.html

Ok, straight to the point here are my reviews!

Venue

Vendor: The Cocoplum Women's Club in Coral Gables

Rating: B-

While the location truly is gorgeous, the coordinator was only OK. She wasn't very responsive to my emails and didn't come through on a couple of things she'd promised. If you can be your own coordinator and not really use her help, you should be fine. The package was also a little misleading. They say flowers are included, but that's only rose centerpieces (nothing else). Get all the details before signing on the dotted line!

Hair/Makeup

Vendor: Makeup by Yaneth Gray

Rating: A++++++

Yaneth was just what I was hoping she'd be - ridiculously talented, perfectly professional, and a beautiful person. She did two different trials for me, just so I could be sure I had the look I wanted. On my actual wedding day, my hair and makeup were even better than during my trials. As a makeup fanatic myself, finding the perfect makeup artist was essential for my wedding day, and Yaneth definitely over-delivered. Not only was I thrilled with my makeup, but I've never seen my mom and bridesmaids look as beautifully flawless as they did after Yaneth worked her magic on them. I am very happy with her!

Dress

Vendor: Bridal Shop Merlili

Rating: C-

I got the very last Demetrios gown before it was discontinued, so I actually bought the floor trial dress. It was a size 12 and Merlili's seamstress sized it down for me. The dress took longer to tailor than initially promised, the bustle she initially made was totally wrong and when we pointed that out, they tried to convince us that it's "not so bad." Needless to say, I was firm on the type of bustle I wanted and made them redo it. Then, they ordered the wrong veil so that took more time to fix. Maybe the lack of attention and service was because we don't speak Spanish - we were once bumped from our appointment for a Spanish-speaking customer. I wouldn't recommend this dress shop for non-Spanish speakers. But maybe those with no communication barriers would do better.

Florist

Vendor: Marta Villar

Rating: D

The florist that was included in the package (Marta Villar) was AWFUL! She was fine throughout the planning process, but on my wedding day, I saw A LOT of things that were wrong. For example, we paid extra for lanterns and organza down the aisle and didn't get either one of those. My maid-of-honor's bouquet was wrong, my centerpieces were wrong, etc. While the flowers I actually got were beautiful, I feel like she ripped us off. She charged us extra for what we wanted and only provided half of the flowers I expected to get. I have yet to reach out to her for a refund, so I can't say how willing she'll be to rectify her shortcomings. My advice - use a different florist.

DJ

Vendor: Liquid DJs

Rating: A++++++++

Hiring Liquid DJs was by far the best decision we made in our wedding planning. Shannon was professional, fun, punctual, etc. He kept the dance floor jumping all night and our reception wasn't an easy one to pull off - we had a culturally diverse wedding with both American and traditional Macedonian music. Shannon didn't skip a beat and kept EVERYONE happy. He and Liquid DJs truly are AH-MAZING and they made our wedding a success. No one will really notice if your flowers are off or if your coordinator isn't stellar, but all of your guests will know if your DJ sucks. Do yourself a favor - BOOK THEM NOW!

Lighting

Vendor: Liquid DJs

Rating: A++++++++

I not only used Liquid DJs for my music, but I also used their lighting. The purple LED lighting was absolutely gorgeous! It was exactly what I wanted and asked for, and it set the mood for the entire reception.

Cake

Vendor: Edda's Cake Design

Rating: B +

Edda's was one of two vendors that were included in our package with the venue. We chose Edda's based on other brides' reviews and the photos of cakes we saw from both vendors. The cake looked just like it did in the photo and was just as promised. It was delicious and we'd recommend Edda's to other brides.

Photographer

Vendor: Alexis Aleman Photography

Rating: A ++++++++++

Love, love, love my photographer! He is so talented and a really great person. He and his wife are just starting in the wedding industry, so their prices are very competitive. If you are in the planning process and are looking for a great photographer, definitely check out their website!

I don't have all of my photos yet but you can see a few of our wedding photos here:

http://alexisalemanphotography.com/Galleries/NancyShadWedding/index.html

Videographer - pending. Videography was included in our package. I haven't seen our wedding reel yet, but I will post my review once I have it : )

Re: REVIEWS!!!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Congrats and thanks for the reviews! I love review posts.  Glad everything turned out so great (well except for your florist - but I'm sure noone knew except you) :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great reviews! Welcome back :)
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews!!!! Glad it all came together, expect for the florist. Sorry to hear about that, that's horrible!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your reviews!! sorry to hear about the florist. Any pics?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oof... I bought my dress at Merlili and had an amazing experience with them during the purchase.

Maybe I will just stick with Reina fo alterations... a hike but probably worth it.

Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beth, a link to pictures is at the end of my post. I'm reposting it here: http://alexisalemanphotography.com/Galleries/NancyShadWedding/index.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ohhh geez! I'm blind, YOU LOOK AMAZING. That dress fit like a glove
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you and you were not the only one who didn't notice the link. For some reason, the link is of the same color as the rest of the text. I reposted it as a separate thread : )
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the reviews!! I already commented on another post about your pictures but oh my gosh, they were gorgeous!!

I'm glad you had a wonderful day (minus the florist!)!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great reviews!  You look amazing!  Just curious... why the B+ for Edda's Cake Design and not an A+?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the wedding and thanks for the reviews!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your wedding looked beautiful and so did you!!

I am PMing you now! I'm scared now...I'm also getting marreid at Cocoplum.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews and congrats once again.
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for you reviews. Sorry to hear about the mishap with the florist, but glad your day was amazing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ninac4116, I gave Edda's B+ instead of A+ because there was nothing above and beyond with the cake – it was as advertised.

But I did have a little bit of a customer service issue with the Edda’s location in Pembroke Pines, so my mom handled the cake at the Miami location and she had no trouble there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Michelle, don't be scared! : ) Besides the florist, everything was fine. I just replied to your PM.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards