Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Need Vendor Help Please.

I have been watching the boards and decided to finally post because im in desparate need of help with a few vendors... I love options. TIA!

1.Who is your Photographer?
2.Who is your DJ?
3. Hair & Makeup?
4. Where did you rent chair covers?

Re: Need Vendor Help Please.

• Options
    I'm in Dayton but my vendors travel to or are based out of Cincinnati...
    Photographer- Lisa Rice (Columbus)
    DJ- UR Way Light and Sound (Dayton)
    Hair- Michelle Marx (from Marxey Makeup, Cincinnati)
    Makeup- Heidi McKenna (Cincinnati)
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    Photographer - Michael Bambino
    DJ - Brad from Queen City DJs
    Hair - tbd
    Makeup - Makeup by Elizabeth
    no chair covers
  • Options
    Photographer - Rachel Spears Photography  http://www.rachelspearsphotography.com/
    DJ - Catered Sounds http://cateredsounds.com/
    Hair and Makeup- TBD
    Chair Covers - We aren't having any, but I've heard Prime Time Party Rentals do a good job. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Photographer: Sherry Barber Photographer
    DJ: Venue provides music
    Hair & Makeup: Doing my own
    Food: Vonderhaars
    Invites: Bridal Divas Ink
  • Options
    Photographer: Family friend
    DJ: Elite Signature DJ's
    Hair: Michelle Marxey
    Makeup: Heidi Mckenna

• Options
    Photo: Sherri Barber
    DJ: JD Hughes (aka on the air entertainment)
    Hair: Mitchell's Salon and Day Spa
    Makeup: glossa makeup (Carmen)
    Venue gives chair covers... but check All Occasions
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Photographer - Tracy Doyle Photography for wedding and Lisa Rice for engagement
    DJ- Party Pleasers (Jeff Clarke)
    Hair and Makeup- Michelle Marx from Marxey Makeup
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    aor9487aor9487 member
    First Comment
    1.Who is your Photographer? Robert Hogan with No. 9 images
    2.Who is your DJ? Party Pleasers
    3. Hair & Makeup? Michelle Marx from Marxey Makeup

This site might help with some vendor searches: http://abridesmafia.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 92 Ready to party!
  • Options
    In addition to the website the poster above recommended, I really liked Wedding Wire. I found the collection of reviews to be pretty comprehensive and trustworthy.

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Our wedding is in Dayton, but most of our vendors are from Cincinnati or will travel to Cincinnati.

1. Photographer: Amanda Donaho Photography
    2. DJ: Dan Edwards
    3. Hair & Makeup: Michelle Marx from Marxey Makeup
    4. Chair Covers: We're not doing chair covers, but I've heard Prime Time Party Rentals is good.

Hope that helps!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    1. Photographer - Amanda Donaho
    2. No DJ - Endless Summer Band from Indianapolis.
    3. Hair - Jen Nally
    4. Make Up - BrideFace
    5. No chair covers.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_need-vendor-help-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:d635d5a5-9f66-47aa-89a5-babd4e4dce07Post:d8e36eae-827e-4a3d-92a8-d1532409e6fc">Re: Need Vendor Help Please.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Photographer: Sherry Barber Photographer DJ: Venue provides music Hair & Makeup: Doing my own Food: Vonderhaars Invites: Bridal Divas Ink
    Posted by futuregabriel[/QUOTE]
    How was Sherri Barber? Have you met with her etc? I am meeting with her next week and love her engagement/wedding pics on her site. Thanks!
  • Options
    Hair and makeup are being done privately but I would recommend Party Pleasers DJ in Reading for the DJ. The guy who owns DJ Butlers, I think his name is Fred, is one of the most obnoxious persons on the planet. Not only would he not let us talk during out initial phone interview, but we were at a wedding in October that he DJed and I could not handle him. My fianc and I left due to this guy. Hey Mr. DJ never remembered our appointments. We rescheduled with them twice after we showed up for appointments and they were noshows before we gave them the boot. If they can't work together to schedule consultations, how will they remember your wedding!? We're using Don with Kamera Art for photos. He's super nice and very talented. Good luck!!
  • Options
    oh wow ! Thanks ladies this has been super helpful
  • Options
    Photographer: Tracy Doyle....we are doing our engagement pictures in June and I'm so excited. I live out of state so booked her over the phone/online. We totally cliqued over the phone and that's why I went with her--immediately felt comfortable. She also replies to emails ASAP and never gets annoyed with my questions. Love her photos.

DJ: We're getting our DJ through 20th Century Theater. Not sure if he DJ's outside of that venue but probably. Good so far...answered all my questions and says he'll only play what we want, etc.

Chair covers: Getting them through a vendor 20th Century uses because they provide set-up. So torn because chair covers are so expensive but the chairs are ugly without.

Makeup: Brideface (Penny). Was recommended by my photographer, along with Glossa. They are so responsive and nice. Cant wait for my trial!

Hair: Liz Carter. Also recommended by my photographer. Super responsive to emails! (the email thing is important to me since im planning from out of town)
  • Options
    Stay away from Great Day Productions. They make kwidlow's experience look awesome. The owner is named Bill and he is horrible. He did my first wedding and messed up every single thing possible plus refused to give us a contract. He sent us his worst DJ and the MC was demeaning and threatened to walk out on our reception. If there was a grade lower than an F they would get it.

I've heard great things about party pleasers and I'm going to check them out for this time around. Better DJ, better fiance, better everything is my goal :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards