Florida-Central Florida

Guest Book ideas

So one of my BFF's is making a scrapbook for our guest book! She's so ridiculously excited about it. ;) Our plan is to have a stack of cards for people to write wishes, advice, stories, etc. on. We'll have a sign by the guest book with suggested topics/prompts, explaining that we want to use the guest book as a way to remember our time with our guests before the wedding as well as during the wedding, so please share your funniest stories about the bride/groom, advice on making up after the first fight, when you knew B&G were meant for each other, etc. Obviously we don't want this to be homework, just something they can write down quickly, so they'll be small cards and my friend is going to put them into the guest book in little envelopes or something like that.

Think this will work out? Can you gals help me come up with some ideas for questions/prompts to mention? TIA!

Re: Guest Book ideas

• edited December 2011
    I think that idea is really cute and will work out. She can even attach the cards straight to the scrap book if the writing is only on one side. I think those three prompts would work great. You could just have a sign (or maybe 3 different signs with one prompt each) that says each prompt and asking them to write a little about one. Sorry I'm not much help, I just wanted to let you know I think the book's gunna turn out really cute!
  • ashbosityashbosity member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea. I think your question ideas will work well. If I think of others, I'll post again. In the March issue of Brides mag, they have something similar, but its a "wish tree". The cards (looks like business card size) have a ribbon attached to one end and once guests write on them, they hang them on the tree (empty manzanita branches in a planter base). I also saw an idea for Mad Libs guest book, which sounded awesome to me too! 
  • edited December 2011
    Mad Libs?! That's freakin' hysterical! Love it!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh man, mad libs sounds great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards