December 2012 Weddings

Guest book

Ok so I don't really like the idea of a 'traditional' guest book, does anyone have any good ideas? Getting married Dec 8. I thought about having people signing snowflakes and hanging them on a small tree but I don't want it to be too cheesy. Help me out ladies.

Re: Guest book

• That could work, but my only concern is how will you "store" it? Will you take a picture of it or just keep the snowflakes because a tree would be pretty hard to store. 
    Photobooths are becoming popular but I don't know how much they cost. If you want to do something like that but not spend a lot of $$$ you could do a polaroid and get a photo album for guests to put their pic in and write you a little note. Chalkboard, which I think is a cute idea, you would just need to find some sort of seal or permanent chalk so it wouldn't erase. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Along the same lines as what you are thinking, we are planning to buy christmas bulbs in our wedding colors and to have each family write their own personal message on the bulb with a metallic marker/pen. We will have a tree or something for them to hang them on that night. Unlike a guest book that will likely sit in a box in our storage room somewhere and never be looked at again we will get to see all of our friends and family's messages on the christmas bulbs every year when we decorate our christmas tree.

I think your snowflake idea will be great!

• <div>I'm also getting married on 12.08.12 and I am with you on the traditional guest book. I am not even sure what you'd ever do with that. This is an idea that I found on Pintrest:</div><div>
    </div><div><a href="http://pinterest.com/pin/45528646202757858/" rel="nofollow">http://pinterest.com/pin/45528646202757858/</a> </div><div>
    </div><div>I uploaded our engagement pictures onto artscow.com and created a calendar. I am asking people to find their name on the calendar and sign their name. That way I also have that information in one place to send birthday cards from in the future. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_guest-book?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:b4df8fec-701a-4c64-ae7f-d79c99a5c8e8Post:c23f8046-4eab-4ce4-8963-1994c9b0ce68">Guest book</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok so I don't really like the idea of a 'traditional' guest book, does anyone have any good ideas? Getting married Dec 8. I thought about having people signing snowflakes and hanging them on a small tree but I don't want it to be too cheesy. Help me out ladies.
    Posted by amwoods318[/QUOTE]
  • I like the Polaroid idea. I think that would be really cute, plus an instant scrapbook :
  • We are on the same page. We are actually going to have the ornaments at our reception for guest to decorate. But we also wanted something smaller at the church for those who didn't come to the reception.
  • Here are some options...

- a bare tree and have their fingerprints be the snowflakes falling (they can then initial after their snowflake)

- bottles of wine for your 1st, 5th, 10, 15th and 20th wedding anniversary.  They can sign the bottles.

- Sign a giant christmas ornament.

- Set up a mini Christmas tree and have them "hang" little paper ornaments that include a message to the happy couple.  It can be words of advise or just a note.

• This is what we will be doing since we also dislike the traditional "book" idea.: 

We plan on leaving the picture part blank and having the mat there to sign. We will use a wedding photo once we get them after the wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing the tree. except no snow flakes. FMIL wants Paper leaves. I kind of want "tags". when the wedding is over, i will be making a "memory frame" and will be putting those in the frame.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We are doing a traditional guest book for the ceremony, and at the reception we are setting up a wish tree. (To match our manzanita centerpieces.) We are gathering the wishes mand putting them in a scrapbook along with our cards.
    Miranda "Tea For Teacher" http://teaforteacher.wordpress.com
  • I used Shutterfly (got half off and free shipping) and bought a 12"x12" photobook made with our engagement pictures.  They even have a guestbook template and it turned out SOOOO NICE.  It's something I think I will still look at years from now and is more creative than a very standard guest book
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our wedding day is Dec. 12, 2012. I don’t want the traditional guest book. I wanted something we could display in the house decoratively oppose to shove in a box in the basement. I thought of doing the picture mat. Though that just seemed to "graduationy" to me. I really liked the quilt idea. Though I wasn’t sure this was a good idea because everyone isn’t crafty. We also considered doing the thumb print tree with a winter twist. It would have been a bare tree on a blue background in a bed of snow. Then the guest would use snowflake rubber stamps and a white ink pad to stamp snowflakes around the tree. Then sign the snowflake with a gel pen. I really fell in love with this idea. But then I realized that it could get messy & people may get upset if the guest book messed up their pretty clothes.  So, our guest will be signing little card stock snowflakes. After the wedding the snowflakes will be painted into a winter theme oil painting to hang in the living room. My win win! J

• I think I am the lone wolf we are getting married 12/22! Super excited! For our guestbook, I originally was going to make a guestbook and glue down tons of tiny envelopes and put a small card next to each place setting, with a title on it saying 'Wishes for the Mr. Mrs.' However, I was very lucky and found a groupon for a photobooth, 50 off. Another cute idea would be to ask everyone to share a small moment of their married life on an index card and leave out a box and/or basket. I know my family would write the craziest things just to make us laugh. Recipes are always a cool thing to ask for. My family gets together several times a year and I would love to start my new life with a full recipe box.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards