Registry and Gift Forum

Do you give gifts to the flower girl and ring bearer?

Hi ladies,
     We're having a very casual, low key garden wedding.  We have no maids or men, just the two of us, and my fi's nieces are acting as the flower girl and ring bearer.  

We already told their mother that because it's fairly casual, we don't really care what they wear and that we aren't enforcing any sort of attire theme for colors or style. 

I wasn't sure if I'm supposed to get them gifts as a thank you, since I know it's pretty customary to do that for maids and men when you have them.

Thoughts?  They are 5 and 8, so I have already accounted for getting them special toy favors to keep them entertained during the reception.

Thanks,
P.

Re: Do you give gifts to the flower girl and ring bearer?

• Yes, you should get them a little thank you gift and write a note.  We didn't have a wedding party, but our siblings were all involved in the ceremony.  We got our brothers bottles of alcohol, and I got necklaces from an etsy store for DH's 7-year-old sisters with their initial and birthstone, as well as a snowglobe that you put pictures in.  
  • Yes, I'm getting my nieces little necklaces as a "thank you" for them and I'm still thinking of what to get for nephew who's the ring bearer. It doesn't need to cost much and for me, it's like shopping for their birthday or something. Check with the parents but for me it's a lot easier to shop for the kids than for my adult attendants (may need to steal the PP alcohol idea!)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Yep, get them small gifts.  Shop for them like it's Christmas or their birthday.  It might be a good idea to find out from the parents what they are into :-)  
    DSC_9275
  • This might not work for everyone, but we gave my flower girl a dress for her American Girl doll that matches her flower girl dress.
  • We're doing a traditional southern cake pull and getting them matching bracelets for their charms...
    Vacation White Knot
  • Get them something small.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards