July 2012 Weddings

Open letter thursday!!

Re: Open letter thursday!!

• Dear longest week of my life,

Can you please speed up to 5 PM tomorrow so that I can finally go on my HM!?

Sincerely,

Recently married bride going crazy at work

Dear coworkers,

I get that everyone is super busy and we don't have time to do half the stuff that comes our way, but it would really help me out if, rather than ignoring incoming emails, you would just be a team player and respond to a flipping email!

Signed,

I seriously need a new job!!

Photobucket
  • Dear body:

This is not a good time to start looking ugly. I don't need to have this cold, blisters on my mouth, or the rash all over my face/stomach. 

Get out of here,
    Katie
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • michelle11988michelle11988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Dear stupid clients,

Stop asking me to do a million things for you.  I am leaving at 6pm and have more than enough work to do between now and then.  Also calling me every few hours and not leaving a voicemail is annoying and I will not be returning your call until you can leave a voicemail.  Your stuff is not due today or tomorrow so let me get the work that has government deadlines out the door and then I'll deal with your notices and stuff don't tell me how I will work or you will get no service until I get back in 2 weeks.

Sincerely,

The stupid bride who decided to work until Thursday the week of her wedding

Anniversary
  • mine is the same as katie's!!!

dear body:

stop forming canker sores, mosquito bites, and zits all over yourself, please. I understand that watering my plants at 8pm might increase my risk of mosquito bites, but was it really necessary for a mosquito to land in the middle of my forehead and suck out so much blood that it looks like I have a golf ball under my forehead skin?

also, please lose a few pounds before july 28th - k thanks.

love,
    angry and ugly feeling bridezilla
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_open-letter-thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a1a50ac0-9608-49f5-9c0a-b7958db49f3bPost:5a6e0b7b-e7da-43f7-8b52-3e7ebba8a39a">Re: Open letter thursday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear stupid clients, Stop asking me to do a million things for you.  I am leaving at 6pm and have more than enough work to do between now and then.  Also calling me every few hours and not leaving a voicemail is annoying and I will not be returning your call until you can leave a voicemail.  Your stuff is not due today or tomorrow so let me get the work that has government deadlines out the door and then I'll deal with your notices and stuff don't tell me how I will work or you will get no service until I get back in 2 weeks. Sincerely, The stupid bride who decided to work until Thursday the week of her wedding
    Posted by michelle11988[/QUOTE]

ha ha yes you are nuts I can't believe you are getting married in 2 days and you are at work today!!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_open-letter-thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a1a50ac0-9608-49f5-9c0a-b7958db49f3bPost:7ce7a55f-89b5-46b9-8fd9-84325472470c">Re: Open letter thursday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]mine is the same as katie's!!! dear body: stop forming canker sores, mosquito bites, and zits all over yourself, please. I understand that watering my plants at 8pm might increase my risk of mosquito bites, but was it really necessary for a mosquito to land in the middle of my forehead and suck out so much blood that it looks like I have a golf ball under my forehead skin? also, please lose a few pounds before july 28th - k thanks. love, angry and ugly feeling bridezilla
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

yeah i am hoping for the nervous 5 lbs everyone says you lose the week of the wedding lol!
  • Dear FMIL,
    Its my wedding, you have had 2. Stop trying to plan mine and get pissy when I dont do what you want.. Keep up critizing what everyone is wearing and your Son and I will go in our underroos!..
    Sincerly,
    Your tired of BS future Daughter in Law
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dear Current Employer,

Oh, it's my last full day of working here and you're just now realizing that there's a ton more stuff that I need to teach somebody or it's lost forever? HA HA HA

HAHAHAHA,

k8888
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Dear tummy,

Calm down!!  How am I suppose to eat if you keep freaking out??

Sincerely,
    Hungry bride

Dear GYN,

Can you PLEASE pick a birth control for me that works???????

Sincerely,
    Wanting to *ahem* Bride!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_open-letter-thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a1a50ac0-9608-49f5-9c0a-b7958db49f3bPost:1dbda1ac-c677-490d-a713-23c3c105ecab">Re: Open letter thursday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Current Employer, Oh, it's my last full day of working here and you're just now realizing that there's a ton more stuff that I need to teach somebody or it's lost forever? HA HA HA HAHAHAHA, k8888
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

<div>I literally laughed out out at this. HAHAHA!</div>
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dear FI,

It's not the end of the world that our cable box is not working right.  It'll get fixed eventually.  There are other *more important* things we need to worry about right now.  Maybe you could start moving your sh*t into our new house since I'm the only one that lives there right now.  Not that I mind having a king-size bed to myself...

Love,

Your almost wife
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • k888 your post about work made me burst out laughing!

Lady - Yes I am certifiably insane / not being productive at all and have to deliver reports to a client at noon and I have yet to start them, oops and its a half hour drive over there.

Anniversary
  • Katie/Michelle - I'm STILL laughing!

My wish for all of you with sh*tty jobs is that when you're finally able to leave, that those who have f*cked you over the most realize too late that they should have done more to keep you around.  It feels amazing.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_open-letter-thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a1a50ac0-9608-49f5-9c0a-b7958db49f3bPost:1dbda1ac-c677-490d-a713-23c3c105ecab">Re: Open letter thursday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Current Employer, Oh, it's my last full day of working here and you're just now realizing that there's a ton more stuff that I need to teach somebody or it's lost forever? HA HA HA HAHAHAHA, k8888
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

lol I wish you would have just started to laugh at them!! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_open-letter-thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a1a50ac0-9608-49f5-9c0a-b7958db49f3bPost:c0815e57-5d80-4156-bcc7-c222d58f8345">Re: Open letter thursday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] My wish for all of you with sh*tty jobs is that when you're finally able to leave, that those who have f*cked you over the most realize too late that they should have done more to keep you around.  It feels amazing.
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

I soooo agree. Tomorrow is my last day at this dead end crappy job, and it is the BEST feeling out there!!! People coming by and asking me to do last minute things, just totally cracks me up!! This afternoon is definitely going to be spent cleaning out my desk. And the fact that the whole server went down last night, oops, oh well, not my problem, enjoy it, and now you realize how much I really did her, and are shitting your pants trying to find a replacement for me!!

image 183 Invited image 101 Are ready to party!! image 82 Are missing out image 0 Are Driving me Crazy!! The new Mrs. McIver!! :)
  • Dear Self,

You should really get moving on your love letter to put in the wine ceremony box...You have 9 days to write...I know writers block happens....but seriously, snap out of it!!

Sincerely,
    LM

Dear wonderful Mom,

Please stop worrying about what time the photographer is arriving and the picture schedules...She is arriving between 12:30 & 1pm..They said that each group will take approx. 30minutes...I don't care if I am sitting in my dress relaxing a little bit...IT IS FINE!!  I want to be in my dress as much as possible that day!  DUH!!! 

Love,
    Your daughter who is completely calm and ready...

Dear Self, again....

Please don't cry too much the day of the wedding...I really don't want to have a horrible headache during the reception...

Thanks,
    LM

• YuMMMy721YuMMMy721 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Dear FI~
    I love you dearly, but please start to realize that we are getting married in 9 days!! And you really can't be running off and helping a friend fix his boat this weekend!!!
    Love,
    Your VERY annoyed soon to be wife who does it all...

Dear Family~
    I love you guys soo much, and am so grateful that you are coming down tomorrow to help me out with the last minute things. And I am happy that we are all going camping together in August, but did you have to pick this week to start planning that camping trip?!
    Love,
    your daughter/sister who can't concentrate on family vacations when i am getting married soon.

Dear CW's~
    I only have 12 hours left of working at this company, no I wont do more for you. DEAL!!!
    Signed,
    Can not WAIT to get out of here!!!!

image 183 Invited image 101 Are ready to party!! image 82 Are missing out image 0 Are Driving me Crazy!! The new Mrs. McIver!! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_open-letter-thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a1a50ac0-9608-49f5-9c0a-b7958db49f3bPost:c0815e57-5d80-4156-bcc7-c222d58f8345">Re: Open letter thursday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Katie/Michelle - I'm STILL laughing! My wish for all of you with sh*tty jobs is that when you're finally able to leave, that those who have f*cked you over the most realize too late that they should have done more to keep you around.  It feels amazing.
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

I quit my miserable job last September and it was the best thing ever! I laughed the last day when I was leaving at 3 (because they screwed up my time card that week) and someone wanted me to stay late and work on a project for them.  I literally laughed in the lady's face.  Thankfully this job is much better, except the stupid clients but I have a lot of lovely clients that I don't mind dealing with it's just like 5% of them that suck at life.

Anniversary
  • Dear boss who thinks every minute memo she puts out is the world's most important announcement,

How do you expect your assistant to be able to perform my job while I'm away if you constantly interrupt us every time we meet and steal her away? It would take ONE HOUR TOTAL to go over everything yet it's been a month and we still haven't gone over everything.

Thanks and I'm glad you have a conference the weekend of my wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image170 Made the cut!
    image 134 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 36 Are missing out!
    image 0 Are making us wait!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_open-letter-thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a1a50ac0-9608-49f5-9c0a-b7958db49f3bPost:66d98ab5-110c-400e-8260-9c66fcc7e3c9">Re: Open letter thursday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Open letter thursday!! : I soooo agree. Tomorrow is my last day at this dead end crappy job, and it is the BEST feeling out there!!! People coming by and asking me to do last minute things, just totally cracks me up!! This afternoon is definitely going to be spent cleaning out my desk. And the fact that the whole server went down last night, oops, oh well, not my problem, enjoy it, and now you realize how much I really did her, and are shitting your pants trying to find a replacement for me!!
    Posted by macfam929[/QUOTE]

yesyesyesyes!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Dear FI,

I'm sorry you expected me to make you chicken and rice at 11:30 last night, but you were home for over an hour and could have a. asked earlier or b. cooked it yourself. or c. ate at work since you work at a restaurant. Drop the 'tude before I write your wedding day letter or else it won't be very nice!

Sincerely,

your loving almost wife
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image170 Made the cut!
    image 134 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 36 Are missing out!
    image 0 Are making us wait!
  • Dear lady at tanning salon,

Thank you for talking me into the level two bed since it's "the same as the level 1 but better for your face". Normally, I can go 15 minutes in a level one with no base and have no problem. However, 7 minutes in the level two burned me! (and I had a little base) I wanted to even out my farmers tan but I have to wait until the burn goes away to get back in the bed. I only have a few days left until I leave town so I'll only get one more shot at this. Thank you, it's very much appreciated.
  • Dear Stress:

You are unnecessary and unwanted.  Please go away.

Sincerly,

Trying to stay calm bride-to-be
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_open-letter-thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a1a50ac0-9608-49f5-9c0a-b7958db49f3bPost:ab834eae-d46d-40f8-a4a8-9a82fc3120f2">Re: Open letter thursday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear FI, I'm sorry you expected me to make you chicken and rice at 11:30 last night, but you were home for over an hour and could have a. asked earlier or b. cooked it yourself. or c. ate at work since you work at a restaurant. Drop the 'tude before I write your wedding day letter or else it won't be very nice! Sincerely, your loving almost wife
    Posted by LindsayMeg[/QUOTE]

Ugh!  I know where you're coming from!!  Maybe not quite so late, but FI comes in hungry and wondering why I haven't started cooking (like I'm not busy!).  He stays late at work, so I never know when he's going to be home - and nothing drives me crazier than when I'm hungry and have made a nice dinner, and then I have to wait on him to show up!
  • Dear FMIL,

Stop adding people to the guest list. You are only contributing 5k to this wedding that is certaintly not enough for you to be adding people, especially family that you haven't seen in like 20 effin years! WTF! Oh and stop asking me questions about the seating chart for your family! If you effed up on the tables that is on you, not me! Stop driving me CRAZY!!!

sincerly,
    Your FDIL/Bridezilla!

FI,

I love you, but stop being on my a$$ about things!! I have everything in order for the wedding and at our apt! If you want to do somehting about being a little productive with umm I don't know just about everything wedding related!!!

Your loving bridezilla

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Dear Work,

Please stop being so stressful.  This is the LAST thing I need leading up to the wedding. 

-Overworked, underpaid and way stressed out

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_open-letter-thursday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a1a50ac0-9608-49f5-9c0a-b7958db49f3bPost:817ded7b-8ec8-40d9-a841-70b601cc57dc">Re: Open letter thursday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Self, <strong>You should really get moving on your love letter to put in the wine ceremony box</strong>...You have 9 days to write...I know writers block happens....but seriously, snap out of it!! Sincerely, LM Dear wonderful Mom, Please stop worrying about what time the photographer is arriving and the picture schedules...She is arriving between 12:30 & 1pm..They said that each group will take approx. 30minutes...I don't care if I am sitting in my dress relaxing a little bit...IT IS FINE!!  I want to be in my dress as much as possible that day!  DUH!!!  Love, Your daughter who is completely calm and ready... Dear Self, again.... Please don't cry too much the day of the wedding...I really don't want to have a horrible headache during the reception... Thanks, LM
    Posted by littlemoments324[/QUOTE]

I still have to do this too and we still need to buy the wine and glasses!
  • Dear Brain,

Please calm down when it comes time for bed. I could really use the sleep.

Sincerely,
    A tired bride to be
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards