Honeymoon Discussions

Looking for a HM with private hot tub and private pool

Hi everyone,
We are looking for a HM resort (somewhere warm in March 2011) where we can access a beach but also have our own private outdoor hot tub and a little pool for ourselves as well right outside our room.  What HM places have this type of accomodation?  And if you are aware of any, how much do they average per night?  We're looking to go for 10 days and don't want to spend more than $4500 if possible. (An AI would be really cool)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 235 invited so far!
image 144 are ready to party!
image 91 will be missing out!
image 0 are MIA!

Re: Looking for a HM with private hot tub and private pool

• Oh and forgot to mention that $4500 would be inclusive of a RT flight from Philadelphia if that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 0 are MIA!
  • A number of Sandals resorts (antigua, st lucia etc) have private plunge pools and their resorts are always on the beach but you're not going to find anything- that I've ever heard of at least- for that price range.  Esp not in March which is high(er) season in warm places and not for 10 days w/ RT airfare....

Buuuut if you do find something come back and let us ladies know cuz I'd be all over that in a heartbeat! :-)
  • Thank you Golden...it's good to get a reality check every now and then :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 0 are MIA!
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2010
    I would check Mexico, the Excellence Resorts, Moon Palace, Sun Palace, etc..Mexico has mostly AI's and tends to be much cheaper than elsewhere in the Caribbean.

http://www.excellence-resorts.com/all-inclusive-resorts/riviera-cancun-mexico/cancun-overview.htm

http://rivieramaya.grandvelas.com/html/quintana-roo-mx-accommodation.asp

http://www.palaceresorts.com/resorts/mppuntacana?ADID=200&gclid=COmI1rfW9aQCFZRl7Aodg0CBiA

I wouldn't even look into Sandals, they're very overpriced even with their constant "65% off" sale and from friends of mine who have gone it's not worth the price you pay. You can find much nicer AI's for much less. Friends of ours stayed at the Sandals in St. Lucia and spent more to stay in one of those Rondoval suites with a private plunge pool and jacuzzi tub than we did to go to Fiji.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2010
    We stayed in Cancun once at the Riu Palace and they had rooms with hot tubs (but I couldn't talk DH into getting one).

We are looking into a villa with a private pool for a future vacation in the  Bahamas (I think it's through Sandals) but it is much more than what you want to spend.
  • We stayed at Secrets Maroma in Riveria Maya and had a swimout pool.  We shared it with 6 other rooms, but we always had it to ourselves.

I know their HM suites have private rooftop jacuzzi's, but they're pretty expensive and out of your budget.
  • We are going to St. Lucia in less than a month for our honeymoon. We are staying 4 days at Stonefield where we will have our own private villa with a private pool (just a couple steps from our villa) a hammock, outdoor shower, and a view of the ocean (which can be seen from your bed if the french doors are open). The room is $220/night. This includes breakfast (not just continental breakfast but a full breakfast, made to order).

Then the other 4 days we are staying in a honeymoon luxury room (nothing fancy) at Sandals for the all inclusive side of it and all the activities they have to offer, plus 3 Sandals locations on the island that you can eat and play at. This one is $500/night.

Our whole trip is costing us $2800. This isn't including airfare, which was gifted to us. But we also wanted all the things you want, just have to compromise a little. Oh and the room you are talking about at Sandals is about $1300/day!

I'll write a full review on our honeymoon when we get back :)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • With your budget, have you considered staying in a room with a private pool for maybe 3 days or so and then switching to a regular room?
    Photobucket
  • You could look into El Dorado Royal, it's in Mexico and I know they have the room catergories you're looking for. They aren't cheap but they often have sales and it's a gorgeous AI.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The Palace Resorts have two person jacuzzi in all their rooms, standard. They are all inclusive, and pretty wonderful. We went to the Sun Palace for our HM, and it was great. They don't have individual pools, but they have several pools at each resort, and at least when we were there, there were a few that never had people in them. GL!
  • I found this book very helpful when looking for the best and most private place for my honeymoon.  Im sure it will point you in the right direction http://tinyurl.com/25bcu63
  • Thanks everyone, great ideas!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 0 are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards