Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

philadelphia venues

Has anyone had  or been to a wedding at the crystal tearoom or downtown club/sheraton society hill/ or the merion in nj? I liked the crystal tearoom but not sure how their food and service was? The merion im concerned about there being 4 weddings at a time.  Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Re: philadelphia venues

• edited December 2011
    I think the Downtown Club is the nicest venue I've been to in Philly.  The views are amazing and the food and staff are terrific.  They only do one wedding at a time.  I think it's so beautiful.
  • teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Never been to the crystal tearoom, but were having ours at the Ballroom at the Ben which is also Finley Catering. Were getting married on 9/4 so we havnt had all the food yet, but we did do our tasting and it was Yummy!! I havent heard anything bad about it from people who have been to a wedding there. I went to a wedding at the Merion (if your talking about the one in Cinnaminson?) and that was also very nice with good food. The wedding I was in did have some "wedding crashers" from another reception that was going on at the same time-these 2 guys that were wasted out of their minds! But overall  it was a god experience! Good luck, and happyy planning :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • slpdanislpdani member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks! I appreciate your feedback!:) good luck with your wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding at the Crystal Tea Room and thought the food was really good! The room is beautiful as well.
    The cocktail hour at the Downtown club is amazing- so much food!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at The Down Town Club. I have not had my tasting yet but I have been happy with everything so far. I am glad to hear everyone else's positive comments about it!

I have been to an event not wedding at the Crystal Tea Room. It was nice. The filet came out sort of cold but they had a ton of people there - it was a charity event.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a wedding at the Merion on the 12th.  I can report with a full review on the 13th ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding at The Merion.  It was downstairs and there was a wedding goin on upstairs.  The chandelier was shaking the entire time (from the party upstairs) and everyone noticed.  Also, something dripped on my dress from the ceiling (some sort of liquid thing) but it smelled FOUL.  Because I was coming from out of town, I just happened to have a spare dress in the car so I was able to change.  

Up side is that the food was AMAZING!  Also, their staff kept everything organized despite the multiple wedding scenario. Overall, it was still a very fun and awesome wedding.  

We visited the Crystal Tea room and loved it.  However, it was HUGE ....i felt like it would look empty unless you had 300+ people at your wedding. Ballroom at the Ben was also pretty and the same catering company hosts events there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards