Michigan-Grand Rapids

What "personal touches" are you including in your wedding?

Hi GR Knotties!

This is kind of an introduction too since I haven't officially introduced myself yet. :) I'm the new mod on the board (obviously). I live in GR, and my wedding was on 08/28/10 in Holland. I'm looking forward to getting to know you ladies!

That being said.. I know we've got some lurkers and semi-regs in here, and I'd love to get us chatting!

For those who've seen me around, I incorporated camo in to my wedding (link in siggy if you want to see pics). My H is a huge hunting/fishing/camping dude... and it was the only thing he asked for. So I found a way to make it work! My question for you all... what "personal touches" are you including in your wedding? Something unique, special or very much "you" (or your FI/H) that makes your wedding extraspecial and personal?

Re: What "personal touches" are you including in your wedding?

• jleigh1902jleigh1902 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are incorporating golf into our wedding. FI is a huge golf fan and loves to play. He taught me to play so I'm ok with a few golf themed touches but I told him I don't want it to look like a 10 year olds birthday party! =) Instead of table numbers we're doing golf course names, half of our centerpieces will be tall vases with golf balls in the bottom, and we're thinking of some kind of golf themed favor...like chocolate golf balls or something!
  • akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jleigh- How fun!! There's a lot you can do with a "golf" theme without making it look like a kid's party! What if you got a green fuzzy fabric and cut it into shapes similar to a putting green, and laid that on the tables under the centerpieces? Are you using green with your colors?
  • SnippylynnSnippylynn member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We were living in Italy at the time of our wedding, and named each of the tables after cities we had visited and lived in; Firenze (Florence), Milano, Modena, Roma, Venezia and Cinque Terre.  To make it more interesting, we framed photos we took in each of the cities and put them on the table as part of the centerpieces.  We thought it would be a great talking point for our guests. 

This was our table:

One of the guest tables:

• edited December 2011
    Fall is my theme, and thats because we both LOVE Halloween!  So we carved pumpkins for it, and were decorating with a little halloween involved. 
    We did traditional but not which is totally the two of us!
    Valarie Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards